Need Help With Buy-In Sizes

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's nice that every is sure they'll move down.

Pick a number. Someone post a number. When do you all think the move down number is?

Set a limit to go with your opinions. Thanks!

H

HardKnox

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Pick a number. Someone post a number. When do you all think the move down number is?

W

wetyeti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would really advise against playing cash and SnG until you have a solid strategy for a least one type of play. Mixing a BR like that without knowing the fundamentals can wipeout a BR real quick.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He has 30 buy-ins, set a stop loss at 25? Even then he'd be over rolled for 10nl.

I know it's all opinions, it's all about preferences and limits. My limits tend to be more aggressive than others but I no way feel I am being over aggressive in this spot.

It may not sound impressive to others but I have proved I can move down when I need to. I can also take shots when I feel I am ready. Not everyone can do that but that is how I am.

Also the suggestion to play rush is awful. Rush is a different game to normal cash games entirely and definitely requires a different strategy and approach compared to standard cash games.

Learn to play rush or standard games, but do not confuse the two because one offers more hands per hour.

If you disagree, try playing 11/6 at rush and then the same at normal cash games, see whether both are profitable.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The required time, higher rake, and probable frustration isn't worth it. [for 2NL]

The lowest of levels I think are only worth it to learn what beats what, basics of position mattering, making newbie mistakes cheap, etc.

If you've been playing some form of poker and got all that then start at 5NL.

I have to emphatically agree 100%. I am now right at 10k hands at 5NL on Full Tilt. I tried 2NL at first and then later dropped back down to BR and I have to say 2NL is not even poker. Everyone limps on every hand and then there are the maniacs who open shove constantly. There is no way to learn the value of position, c-betting, 3-betting, bluffing or anything else. A FR 2NL table usually has 6 calling stations and 1 or 2 maniacs.

At 5NL there are only 1 or 2 calling stations per table and the maniacs are hit or miss.

I think it is better to be prepared to re-buy for 5NL. The pain of that will actually help focus a learning player.

FereZ

FereZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make a brm that fits on you.
I'd start playing pl 10 / nl 10 and see how does it start going on.
When you're ready (you think you're playing enough well and you have made profit at playing pl 10 / nl 10) turn into nl 25. If you start losing there, go back to nl 10.
Gl on games.

I tell example of me. Turned my 40dollar into 430 just playing satellites and cash games in a week. I was running well and didnt got much badbeats.
After one week, everything changed. Variance i think? I started lose a lot of coinflips, people suckouted me and i runned very badly.. Lost 200dollars in three days. Decided to withdraw dollars worth 100euros and played with rest.. Now im broke again. **** this. Poker is difficult sometimes.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A $317 bankroll allows you to comfortably play 5c/10c NL Holdem. This level is in the middle of a transitional period between the reckless and almost strategy-free super-micro limits of 1c/2c and the more calculated game of 25c/50c as you progress through the stakes