Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont listen to:

Beatles: Im a Loser, Nowhere Man
Smokey: The Tracks of My Tears

Try:

I Will Survive, Pennies from Heaven, We're in the Money!

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that depends of your concentration level, personally i like to play with no music at live games, but online u dont have to worry about opponents tells, so listen some kind of music doesnt affect my game.

yea that's true online betting is the only way to read people.

B

behemoth051

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are pros and cons to listening to music. If you're playing online I'd say it's all cons, but at a live table, it seems like the headphones would be either intimidating (people think you don't need to pay as much attention) or give you more calls (people think you "aren't" paying enough attention). In the end I don't think it matters too much. For the people obsessed with their ipods enough to wear them in tournaments, I think without them they'd still have music playing in their head.

P

PokerPlayer06

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though I dont listen to music, I do watch videos online and read articles etc. I usually just wait till i have a big hand and then I start playing agressive. I feel listening to music or watching videos etc will help. I found it helps alot not to just be focused on 1 thing.

mister628

mister628

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music or not???

I like to play to music sometimes, but I seem to do better when it is off.. The more mellow the music the better I do.. I think if the music is too fast them I tend to rush plays and make haste decisions because I'm focusing on the music instead of the poker.

NSC44

NSC44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like listening to music when I play.Helps me from not getting bored,so I can play longer without being a donk

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are pros and cons to listening to music. If you're playing online I'd say it's all cons, but at a live table, it seems like the headphones would be either intimidating (people think you don't need to pay as much attention) or give you more calls (people think you "aren't" paying enough attention). In the end I don't think it matters too much. For the people obsessed with their ipods enough to wear them in tournaments, I think without them they'd still have music playing in their head.

What are the cons of listening to online, you don't need to observe the other players to read them because you can't even see them. The info you have on them is by the bets.

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
channing73ny and NSC44 i agree 100%... it stops you from getting bored when your getting bad cards

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play to music sometimes, but I seem to do better when it is off.. The more mellow the music the better I do.. I think if the music is too fast them I tend to rush plays and make haste decisions because I'm focusing on the music instead of the poker.

it also depends on the type of person you are..im very impatient so i tend t rush plays a lot..to counter that i listen to music.. even if its fast ill slow my game down compared to what i usually do. Im trying to break the habit of being impatient because it and poker just don't mix.

the_urge27

the_urge27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just depends-u need to pick relaxing music that keeps u calm-last thing you need is music that pumps you up and makes you play aggressive at the wrong time-the_urge27:D

RiveRxRival

RiveRxRival

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its better to listen to music... i like it because it puts me into a crazy zone sometimes and it feels like i got supernatural powers :)... but it has to be trance music of course...
drugs can give yu supernatural powers too:D . they can give you supernatural powers because when you are on them can you really tell yourself you don't have supernatural powers?? drugs with trance music though, you're superman resurrected.

SchlomoSmack

SchlomoSmack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Listen to music while playing online....a little Paul Anka, some Chris Gaines, Bannana-rama, the Rudy theme song......but never while playing live. There's little ticks and moves that you don't focus in on while you're playing live if you're listening to the jams. Also kids if you do listen to headphones at the tables, turn down the Sha-na-na so the rest of the cats ccan concentrate. ;}

shiver

shiver

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think what the question should be is "do you listen to music AND win money at cards? Its ok saying you either do or don't but makes no differance if your a losing player?

Am I talking sense?

for the record I play most of my poker in my underwear, so playing live could get me strange looks so I just play on-line.

earache

earache

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music can be a lovely thing. It can give you attitude when you play and it keeps your mind in sync, the choice of music depends on the person, I tend to listen to all sorts of things. but final table music for me is The eye of the tiger. I love to listen to that , keeps my eye on the prize. if you get knocked down, get up again and reclaim your stack.

S

shano_88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always listen to music, playing live and online. its a good way to keep occupied during a baren spell of cards. helps me from tilting anyway!!!

M

marysgirl883

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, my computer is in the livingroom so the TV is usually on. So I guess that means no music. But I dont see why it would hurt to listen to music while playing.

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think what the question should be is "do you listen to music AND win money at cards? Its ok saying you either do or don't but makes no differance if your a losing player?

Am I talking sense?

for the record I play most of my poker in my underwear, so playing live could get me strange looks so I just play on-line.

You are making sense but i just want to know if people think it helps them win or lose...and most people are answering that by saying it helps them stay patient or it makes them lose concentration.

its hard to tell if music is the reason you win or lose because there are many different factors. Every hand is different and so are the people you are facing

L

LiLMando

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i play music when i play poker it helps me relax and stay cool

Y

Youngerhov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play Bob Marley or some mello music. I remember reading something in a workout magazine saying music subconsciously helps with aggression. No need to be anymore aggressive than I already am :)