Most important concepts to think about Pre-Flop?

M

MountHollyDK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think of nothing aside from what I've learned about my opponents. I keep a clear mind. It's been over a decade since I've looked at an offline hole card before it's my turn to act. So mostly I'm just watching.

Of course the art of this is also absorbing everything while you're thinking of nothing at all.

When it's my turn to act I have zero preconceived notions about how I'm going to play a hand because every hand is a snowflake. Sometimes I look down at KQs and insta fold it. Other times I raise a significant sum with 10-7. I do these things because at the time they were the correct plays in my view and that is really all that matters.

TLDR: Think of nothing while absorbing everything.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay attention in the position of all players, the most important concept is not play too many hands,

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually enter these hands against weak players Against strong players I avoid playing with low cards!

😎👊

Last edited:
Grinderella

Grinderella

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table Watching

Like many of the great replies above, I am thinking about my opponent's. The first thing I do is profile everybody at the table. I use different colours to mark (Nits, Tags, Lags & Fish etc). Then I make notes on what hands they're showing down and use this info to assign ranges. I'll rarely enter a pot against good regs unless I have a hand that crushes their range (Which isn't often). I focus on the fish, bad regs and Lags amd plan my lines accordingly. My cards are the last thing on my mind.

T

theblizzardofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading all these Ideas . I need to sharpen my game!

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot about position, because according to this we can make better our decisions,