_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So playing 1-2 and there was a button straddle ($5) and Hero has black Tens on the big blind. SB folds, Hero calls, MP calls and button completes. Hero is effective stack with $50 behind.

($16) Flop comes out 10h Ks 8s
Action quickly checks through

($16) Turn is 5c
Hero bets $10, called by MP and button snap folds

($36) River is a 3h
Hero checks and action checks through

Hero declares set, shows hand... MP shows an 8 and flashes what looked like a 5 for 2 pair.

So, with this spot exactly, hero obviously missed out on some good value. Checking the river was obviously too passive, what sizing would induce a call or raise here?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You only have $40 behind on river so could just ship it all, 2 pair will probably call as will anyone who thinks you have a missed draw and trying to buy the pot. Also something like $20 would be reasonable and get alot of calls.

You start the hand with 11bb. A limp is ok but you could even open shove as TT often plays poorly oops, not sure if you were planning a limp reraise all-in?

On the flop it's a wet board in a limped pot, why not bet out. Turn is fine and obvious river is a disaster!

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to slow play on boards that are low so that your opponent can catch a top pair on the turn. K high not great because either your opponent has top pair or doesn't.

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You only have $40 behind on river so could just ship it all, 2 pair will probably call as will anyone who thinks you have a missed draw and trying to buy the pot. Also something like $20 would be reasonable and get alot of calls.

You start the hand with 11bb. A limp is ok but you could even open shove as TT often plays poorly oops, not sure if you were planning a limp reraise all-in?

On the flop it's a wet board in a limped pot, why not bet out. Turn is fine and obvious river is a disaster!
Yes, I was hoping to either limp shove the flop... or check shove the river as it played out, but I get that is just too passive

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's me, I would shove preflop with only $25 big blinds. If you simply raise and get called, it's very uncomfortable playing TT OOP with a short stack. You might get a fool with ace rags to call you. Or just take the pot.

On the flop, I would lead out in a 4way pot with a flush and a straight draw out there. Make the draws pay to see the turn.

The turn and river are wonderful for your TTT since no straight or flush completed.

Poorly played unfortunately.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I should have played more aggressively, bet from 1/3 to half the pot on the river

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So playing 1-2 and there was a button straddle ($5) and Hero has black Tens on the big blind. SB folds, Hero calls, MP calls and button completes. Hero is effective stack with $50 behind.

($16) Flop comes out 10h Ks 8s
Action quickly checks through

($16) Turn is 5c
Hero bets $10, called by MP and button snap folds

($36) River is a 3h
Hero checks and action checks through

Hero declares set, shows hand... MP shows an 8 and flashes what looked like a 5 for 2 pair.

So, with this spot exactly, hero obviously missed out on some good value. Checking the river was obviously too passive, what sizing would induce a call or raise here?
First, i don't check this turn because u have a lot of draws to call you, and sometimes gets a 3 bet by KT or any or K8 T8 who only called flop, and in the river at 36 dollars pot, at least 15-20 dollars, and prayge for a 3 bet, i think has nothing so much to do after check turn... in this case, i think is best bet turn, and if the river is a blank like in this hand, make a check raise over, because i see ur set very hidding

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
On a wet board like this one, you should bet the flop to get value from the drawing hands and to build the pot. Barrel the turn with the same logic. Shove the river to polarize.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is why positions are so importent in poker.
you have to bet the river as your opponent has been passive, no reason to let the player see your hand for free.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hero should have bet 25 on the river in my opinion