Minimum br for NL25? Experienced player at lower levels

donkey.exe

donkey.exe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting about 3 weeks ago I have slowly grinded my initial $14 investment to $350 first starting at NL2 then NL5 and now I am residing at NL10. My ptbb/100 is 11/100 over 32k hands. I am itching to have a crack at NL25 but I obviously don't wish to go bust.

Is $350 enough? I know $500 is the technical recommendation of 20 buyins but I am thinking I could try it and if I drop down to $300 I go back down to NL10.

Also, how different is NL25 to NL10? Is it much looser or tighter or is roughly the same? Hopefully it's the same. :D Oh and I play on PS.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel comfortable with playing 25nl with that BR, and confident enough then give it a shot. When i started out, i played 25nl with a $130 BR (free roll winnings), i got that up to $400 then cashed out.

W

will- e -gamble

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You really should have 25 buyins to play at a "protected" level which is $650but the pros use 45 buyins.I can tell you that I have played out of my bankroll and gone bust and ou will eventually hit a bad run that can last what seems like forever.If you want to try ,and have the discipline to move dn if you lose ,then try but I would recommened trying to play within your broll.

Last edited by a moderator: