Micros - What are the right circumstances to fold KK preflop?

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the micro tourney even without stats you dont need told the Ks.

L

love that omaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, this isn't something I would even think about doing unless playing above bankroll, on your last buy in or something weird like that. For all the time you run into AA when you call, you will be letting hands you dominate off the chopping block way more often by folding. As long as your bankroll management is sound, never fold KK pre flop at these limits.

REALITYPOKER

REALITYPOKER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only way I'm folding KK preflop if I'm up against a guy that have over 500 or more hands on and his stats are reading like 15 or less vpip and a pfr of 2 or under :) And this is if I 4 bet him and he is 5 bet shoving. But this is in relation to 6max cash ring of course :)

U

urbanekpyrotic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With no stats on the player and heads up you pretty much have to call. AA is much less likely than the big stacked player trying to steal the pot. Although there's a good chance that the other player has at least an ace in his hand. So like any pre-flop all in there's a decent chance you might lose.

R

rocksolid124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't imagine any scenarios that I would fold KK pf in a micro.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is exactly one time I would lay down KK preflop in a cash game: when 2 or more people are all in for a substantial number of bets before action reached me. Even then, if the people are bad and likely to both get it in with say pocket Jacks or AQ pre flop, I'll go with it.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not folding, if I run into AA too bad, that's poker

I

idiotnoob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, from the replies it seems that u can make ur money back when u shove AA to the guy with KK next time.

B

bengan95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Na no reason to throw KK away pre.

Folding in Poker