MicroCrushers Video of the Week (VOTW) Thread

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I give this video a 3 nap rating, well done guys, good work.

Now please explain what you are trying to say about 50NL being the easiest limit? Or did I mishear that particular wisdom nugget while wiping the sleepy dust out of my eyes?
There was a thread a while back on CC, can't remember the original topic, but JChoop and vito in particular said that they felt 50nl was one the limits with the most recreational players (for RoW anyway), because a lot of rec players just deposit $50 or $100 and sit with most or all of it immediately.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I've noticed there are fewer and fewer games running the higher we go, and more and more regs playing the higher we go. Not sure where their theory fits into that observation of mine. I have a lot of recent experience of 2NL -> 50NL, so I can only speak to those limits. However, I would be surprised if 100NL+ just didn't carry on getting tougher and tougher too.

That's not to say that you don't get enough rec players at 50NL to keep the games going, but I have noticed there are way more at the lower limits.

Anyhoo, I can't remember specific hands, but you made a few loose calls. Also lol at the runner runner straight. For that hand I'm jamming the turn for a slightly over PSB btw. Meh, I should have taken notes, but Scourrge's dulcet tones yet again took their toll. He could be the new Paul McKenna, "I can make you win."

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also lol at the runner runner straight. For that hand I'm jamming the turn for a slightly over PSB btw.

agreed, he has a lot of draws there (imo) + some floats which will fold to our barrel anyway and then Kx..

ship ship

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was a discussion about it pre-BF where it was stated that 100nl was the hardest limit to beat in poker ( besides nosebleeds etc.), bc it was the most reg-heavy limit of anything else. 200+ was big whales + super good regs and beyond. At 100, it was the hardest limit to transition upwards from, ( like 100-200) so most regs weren't quite good enough so they stuck around 100. Also, it was enough money to be able to make a decent profit just playing, meaning like even if you were a boss at 5nl, your hourly was like 10$ etc...but at 100, you could grind 50$ hr + w/bonuses, rb etc.

I'm pretty sure it was belgo who was talking about that ^

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody said that in our video either Cafe :) ( at least I don't remember, maybe Ducky did but I couldn't understand him bc of his lolaccent...all I kept hearing was " more tea and crumpets plz" )

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah it came from that funny northern accent ('scuse the tautology).

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol how Americans think people from Yorkshire are the same as Southerners (accent wise too?)

can't think of an American stereotype to get Deuces with apart from Hillbillys and that doesn't apply

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol how Americans think people from Yorkshire are the same as Southerners (accent wise too?)

can't think of an American stereotype to get Deuces with apart from Hillbillys and that doesn't apply

Ducky likes to use obese, brash, stupid Americans...Anyways, it could be worse, we could all be french you know :p

count your blessings people;)

S

Sneaky_B

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
French people are like Argentinians but with an awful language

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I've noticed there are fewer and fewer games running the higher we go, and more and more regs playing the higher we go. Not sure where their theory fits into that observation of mine. I have a lot of recent experience of 2NL -> 50NL, so I can only speak to those limits. However, I would be surprised if 100NL+ just didn't carry on getting tougher and tougher too.

That's not to say that you don't get enough rec players at 50NL to keep the games going, but I have noticed there are way more at the lower limits.

Anyhoo, I can't remember specific hands, but you made a few loose calls. Also lol at the runner runner straight. For that hand I'm jamming the turn for a slightly over PSB btw. Meh, I should have taken notes, but Scourrge's dulcet tones yet again took their toll. He could be the new Paul McKenna, "I can make you win."

Ye the difference in skill between 50 and 100 is madness dont even know if i should play them both at the same time as its like playing 2 different games ha, and hmm i didnt think he had that many draws in his range as they are mostly combo draws which raise flop or shove turn so i wanted to bet that OTT to leave him with like more than 3:1 OTR so he has to give me his last 60 euros but alas

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ye the difference in skill between 50 and 100 is madness
I wouldn't go that far. Most of the regs I play at 50 also play 100. It might look scary cos it's more money and your roll is a little light maybe? I could be wrong.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah money makes no difference to me really, 100 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more agro was what i meant to say

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trust me it isn't. Dont think about it.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok heres Jackals vid, pretty standard stuff, what i would say is read abit more about sizing or ask :)

> Get a HUD
> Start colour coding

Otherwise mainly looks pretty good, get some hands under your belt and get posting there wernt many post flop spots for us to analysis and them 2 retards got distracted

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXiDtRQ9R88&feature=youtu.be

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from the intro this has the potential to be really really bad

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
video is a fun watch for sure.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey if we do a PLO sweat, do you want me to play or yourself?

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me :) either is fine though i guess, im HUD less atm doe, gna buy one when i get back from football tour (soccer)

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1/3 of the way through atm

think from now on people should only send in videos with actual spots just not lol standard games where nothing happens with hero

i'll record something tonight/tomorrow if you lot wanna go over it, idc.

edit: I wanna see some Marginal gameplay

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol I had a video of me playing 100PLO with antes but then megaupload got shut down so the video is lost.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also im retarded and dont know how to embed i quit