Micro- Players Study Group

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf, and noone replied to my study group thread op got inspiration from..25 replies? lolz weirdddddd

S

steinbk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm interested.
play 2nl/5nl 6 max
im on the east coast. i play in the evenings. and i would love to be a part of a study group.

S

smurfdoT

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What medium do you all use to voice/chat with each other so we can set up a chat room of sorts to get everyone starting to talk to each other.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shouldve told everyone to post that info too.

I play 6-max.

Ive already sent some PM's but if you didnt get one and you didnt post what you play (and you play 6-max) PM me.

Someone should take the lead getting one going for FR players.

Have PM'd you.

Replying to subscribe.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm interested, but is this only for NLHE?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, contact me when the google thing is up... mainly 6 max 10-25 buyin, EST... good idea hope it flies! :willy:

MrEwubbsZ

MrEwubbsZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to do something like this i never have but ive always wanted to. I play really small stakes but i do play alot

2nl on fulltilt
and i play anywhere from 4-6 hours a day. Eastern time zone. I have all the free time in the world too. So i can do it whenever.

Let me know if i can.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it matters whether you're FR or 6-max, shouldn't be a reason for 2 different groups.

Also CP I think it might be because yours was restricted to 10nl and most replies are from 2 or 5nl.

I dunno how much or if I could commit to the group. I really should, would make me play more.

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.02-.05 anywhere to 1-2 hours daily and PST

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf, and noone replied to my study group thread op got inspiration from..25 replies? lolz weirdddddd

What are you saying? You dont want to be apart of my study group?

Im working on some formats. Ill be in touch.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cant PM you.
What do you have to offer?

Sorry, I had the PM setting to moderators only. I've fixed that. I didn't have anything specific in mind, just thought that if you needed any help setting anything up or organizing anything, I'd be happy to help however I can.

(True newbie, I guess: all offer, no skills! :))

D

davidjames

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great idea! Just started playing 10nl. I would estimate like 2 hours a day on average.

N

NewHill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to join as soon as you get it going.I play low limit frequently (3-5 hrs a day) and I live on the east coast.I'm very serious about poker and would like to make it my passion/way of making a living if I can keep the bankroll moving up.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be interested in this but I'm about to move abroad so my future is a bit uncertain now. Plus, I'm european so there could be time zone issues. I'll keep an eye on the thread, though.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd page of posts and I don't see that anyone has hooked up yet. So lemme put this out there:

I've been playing for 5 years. I currently play 10NL cash games, but I've had plenty of experience at 25NL and 50NL. I grind 12 tables at a time for about 800-1000 hands a day. I like to analyze HH's. I like to talk about books mutually read. I like sweat sessions. I like mutual input with people who are are near the same level of skill as I am, meaning we help each other and NOT one-sided. So beginners & pros need not reply. I'm currently running break-even or so. I wouldn't mind chatting live on Skype with someone serious about poker and at my skill level. TeamViewer also helps with this type of study.

If you are serious about poker and wouldn't mind trying some online poker study with a poker degen like me, just PM me and we'll see if we are compatible for this. No psychos, plz. :cool: :cool: :cool:

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2nd page of posts and I don't see that anyone has hooked up yet. So lemme put this out there:

I've been playing for 5 years. I currently play 10NL cash games, but I've had plenty of experience at 25NL and 50NL. I grind 12 tables at a time for about 800-1000 hands a day. I like to analyze HH's. I like to talk about books mutually read. I like sweat sessions. I like mutual input with people who are are near the same level of skill as I am, meaning we help each other and NOT one-sided. So beginners & pros need not reply. I'm currently running break-even or so. I wouldn't mind chatting live on Skype with someone serious about poker and at my skill level. TeamViewer also helps with this type of study.

If you are serious about poker and wouldn't mind trying some online poker study with a poker degen like me, just PM me and we'll see if we are compatible for this. No psychos, plz. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Darkside and I have been trying to get together to get the whole GoogleWave thing settled, but we haven't been able to be available at the same time for some reason. I have it set up, just need to figure some stuff out. I wouldn't be against using things like TeamViewer or Skype, it's just that GoogleWave is nice for preserving the conversations for people who can't make it.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Darkside and I have been trying to get together to get the whole GoogleWave thing settled, but we haven't been able to be available at the same time for some reason. I have it set up, just need to figure some stuff out. I wouldn't be against using things like TeamViewer or Skype, it's just that GoogleWave is nice for preserving the conversations for people who can't make it.
Hmmm. I just started up the Google Wave thingy, but I'm not sure how it works. If it involves typing and not voice, wouldn't it be the same as we do here in the HA sections? Enlighten me.

(And for the record: I really like voice discussions about poker.)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be similar to forum type posting, but it could be realtime like in a group session. Similar to a chat room kind of, but everything would be saved. It was created for that sort of application so that people could collaborate on things in a meeting type setting, but it would all be saved right there in case someone couldn't make it. This way we could do something like set a certain night and time were we show up and we discuss things in a group setting, whereas with the forum you're waiting for people to post and update and so on. Get it? Like I said, it's no big deal if we don't use Wave, I just think it has worked great for a poker group of mine in the past as long as people show up and participate, but that would be a problem regardless of the medium of the study group.

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't there a chat room on this site??

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd definitely be interested in a group like this. I want to shift into primarily cash games but found the grind at 10NL a bit too slow. Currently grinding large-field SNGs to build my BR as they're very profitable, but I plan to go back to cash when I can comfortably play 25NL. This seems like it would be immensely useful even before making the shift back.

I was having some success in 6-max 10NL, playing a few thousand hands a week. I do like to study a lot. I've read a great deal and have a decent grasp of theory. Discussing books would be great. I recently read Baluga Whale's "Easy Game" series. They were a very quick read but may have provided me with more useful information than the thicker tomes like NLHE theory and practice. Highly recommended.

I'm on google wave. PM me and we can trade info or whatever.

I

imwatcher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am definately interested in this, but i live in Aus so sweat sessions may be hard,

I play 2nl on FT, can play sngs as well, i have about 6 dollars on ps so i could play a few buy ins there if people prefer

I also have skype but can probably get what other people are using :)