Max value

D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stats on V are as follows ... 20/17/38/4.3 over 320. he was a reg with a standard preflop game and postflop he didn't seem to get too out of line but he was def thinking and capable of trying stuff out at the right spots.

my stats were 21/17/36/2.82 for this session, i've toned down my LAGness a bit.

on this particular hand the line i took was the only one where i thought it would be possible to set up a situation to play for stacks, should i be more worried about just getting max value or is it good to try to set things up like this?

100 NL FT 6max (deep)

effective stack are 242

HERO is dealt 9
heart.gif
club.gif

PREFLOP:

1 fold, HERO raises to 3.5, V calls, V2 calls, 1 fold.

FLOP: 7
club.gif
heart.gif
club.gif
POT (11.5)

V2 checks, HERO bets 7, V raises to 22, V2 folds, HERO calls.

(my plan was to throw in a big c/r on a lot of turns because i think a huge part of his range is draw crap, in retrospect this line is probably spew but that's what i was going on.)

TURN: [7
club.gif
heart.gif
club.gif
] 9
spade.gif
POT (55.5)

HERO bets 31, V folds.

yes i know we're not supposed to post results so don't get all butt hurt about it, it doesn't effect this post at all.

here's how i felt about all my options on the turn and why i chose to lead it here:

c/c -
this would be my 2nd option after this turn card hits. this gives him the chance to continue to either bluff off or VB if he actually does have a 6 or he was slowplaying a big PP preflop, although i really don't think the latter. if i took this line on the turn i would probably be leading the river because i expect him to check back so much of his range.

c/r -
after i turn the nuts i think this line sucks seeing as i was going to do it before as a bluff meaning that i expect him to fold a high % of his range. i really don't see many hands he can continue with when i c/r here and the hands he can continue with we will end up getting the money in anyways.

bet - i chose this line because i'm getting the same value from doing this as i would from a c/c, but i also have the added bonus of when he decides to bluff raise me because this line looks so bluffy. i don't think i'm really catching too many bluffs with a c/c because the 9 is such a terrible card to continue barreling on from his POV.

i'm obviously open to criticism and any comments seeing as i posted this, just curious as to what people think of my thoughts on the different lines and what lines you think would have been better.