Marginal Tries to Poker

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why assume it's coke? Sure Marginal is sensible enough to realise that bringing your own thermos of instant coffee and a bag of meth means less rake.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol why would I bring coffee, it's comped at te stakes I play. The blow is not got to hook yourself up for that one

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also no hookers, that's a bad recipe.

Also my computer broke last night so I'm on tilt not being able to play etc

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you want the degeneracy though? Largest pot I've ever played or sickest spot? In both cases pot were 25k£ and 14k£ respectively

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well Both took place during the London ept. The 30k pot (the boring one) now

9 handed PLO game, 10/25/50

I was 10k deep, 1 player was 2k deep, another 17k and the other 8k.

I have AAxx no suit. 17k guy utg + 1 pots it, I call, 8k repots it, 2k repots it, 17k repots it, I jam both call.

Tbh I cannot remember the board however at the end of this 4 way all in I had aces alone. It's important to net that in a 4 way pot it is almost impossible to be good with one pair. However in this case I chopped with Mr 17k as he also had AAxx.

The 14k pot was at 5/10. Me and villain are 10k deep and short stack is 2k ish.

Short stack pots, I pot because I have JT97 ds. Villain pots, short stack repots. I call, and 10 guy repots. Now I know this is the action but for the life of me tere must have been a miscounted by the dealer cause his report is to 6kish. Anyway shrt stack calls all in and I call. Flop comes 724 all hearts. I don't have hearts in my hand but I do have heart so I jam. He folds AA with A OF HEARTS. I lose te main pot and he almost cries when he sees I had 1 pair.

Later that day I lost a 16k pot but I pdnt want to talk about that

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also just want to mention in the second hand, I was acting first post flop and I insta jammed flop, nothin else I could do really.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Both took place during the London ept. The 30k pot (the boring one) now

9 handed PLO game, 10/25/50

I was 10k deep, 1 player was 2k deep, another 17k and the other 8k.

I have AAxx no suit. 17k guy utg + 1 pots it, I call, 8k repots it, 2k repots it, 17k repots it, I jam both call.

Tbh I cannot remember the board however at the end of this 4 way all in I had aces alone. It's important to net that in a 4 way pot it is almost impossible to be good with one pair. However in this case I chopped with Mr 17k as he also had AAxx.

The 14k pot was at 5/10. Me and villain are 10k deep and short stack is 2k ish.

Short stack pots, I pot because I have JT97 ds. Villain pots, short stack repots. I call, and 10 guy repots. Now I know this is the action but for the life of me tere must have been a miscounted by the dealer cause his report is to 6kish. Anyway shrt stack calls all in and I call. Flop comes 724 all hearts. I don't have hearts in my hand but I do have heart so I jam. He folds AA with A OF HEARTS. I lose te main pot and he almost cries when he sees I had 1 pair.

Later that day I lost a 16k pot but I pdnt want to talk about that

I do... :rolleyes:

Is jamming AAxx no suits standard in FR PLO? I do not play it much but I would think no?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well tbh it is kinda meh in this spot but based on player reads the 2k guy was the nit and the other 2 were pretty crazy so I gambled a bit. I think the spot was kinda profitable but not exceedingly so.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 16k pot was all in on the flop I lost a 70:30 running it twice both times against a 100/100.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got a laptop to use, back to the grind.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So its kinda meh right now, I grinded the whole day but all of the soft mid stakes games are on ftp so most of it was on FTP. I did make 1k vpps this week which is ok seeing as i barely played (like 500 today) but only 1BI on stars but up 8 on FTP at 1/2.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should also note, the sickest PLO variant running right now is 6O. Im learning the game and putting some effort into this but learning at 2/4 is kinda expensive :)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh June -1k so far ;)

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should also note, the sickest PLO variant running right now is 6O. Im learning the game and putting some effort into this but learning at 2/4 is kinda expensive :)
I tried 6O on FTP but only up to 10c25c. Some people still think AA is massive favourite with junk other cards like AA 378J

Haven't seen great strategy articles on it so maybe when u learnt it u van write one of your articles ;)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea it's a possibility. I'm discussing it with some PLO ppl at the moment. It's definitely interesting.

Value of draws go down a bit but so does ever single non nut hand.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing the 6 card Omaha for a bit last year when it was new and everyone was trying to adjust. If you don't block the nuts you're probably betting into it heh. Games were soft imo but I have a bit of a beef with all these variants popping up when FTP's player pool isn't anything near what it used to be. I just think the last thing we need is to split up the mid stakes players even more.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big O (5-card plo8) is pretty big during wsop, I think last year up to 5/10 was running regularly. 6-card plo just seems dumb to me but what do I know.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea it's a possibility. I'm discussing it with some PLO ppl at the moment. It's definitely interesting.

wtf :confused:

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guys copy/pasting posts to spam for the freerolls I guess. DK just caught him out in Scourge's thread.

sigh