marginal hands

J

Jambo123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in a small no limit cash game .10/.20 eg, i find myself lost on what to do with hands like AJ, A10, KQ, K10, QJ. When no one has entered the pot is it good to raise with these hands in middle and late position. the thing im most lost with is when there has already been a few limpers, is it best to just dump them and wait for premium hands

cheers

Vintage82

Vintage82

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you download Poker Tracker http://www.pokertracker.com/ (if your not using it anyway). This tracks all your hands, as well as your opponents hands.

Using the add-on GT+, you can overlay the stats straight to your table. I use the stats VPIP (Voluntarily put in pot), PFR (Pre-flop raises) AF (Post flop aggression) & WSD (Went to showdown).

These measure your opponents activites, and will show you wether they are likely to call you down to the river, or fold to a pre-flop raise or most likely a continuation bet.

I find once you have a few hands registered against your opponents (30+) you can play less than marginal hands in late position to greater effect.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands