Make sure you get it all in before the flop

eyetrace

eyetrace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to know what your obsession is with getting all the money in the hand before the flop come. You have no concept of your oponents hand, exept that he has a good enough hand to re-raise your 10x BB, and since it seems he will call an all in here, lets push all in. Get all the money on the table so that the flop can decide my AK fate aginst QQ. or better yet AJ vs QQ. Thats my weekness. I want to see more flops, and I want to stop pushing. It is rude to push. :motz:

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to know what your obsession is with getting all the money in the hand before the flop come. You have no concept of your oponents hand, exept that he has a good enough hand to re-raise your 10x BB, and since it seems he will call an all in here, lets push all in. Get all the money on the table so that the flop can decide my AK fate aginst QQ. or better yet AJ vs QQ. Thats my weekness. I want to see more flops, and I want to stop pushing. It is rude to push. :motz:

If you don't like to push then you can always play limit or pot limit. NL always has that high risk factor of someone going all-in at any time. It is not rude since it is part of the game. It is like saying shooting a 3 pointer in basketball is rude if you could drive and score 2. Risk/reward baby.

Reasons why you should push all-in before the flop
1. You can't get outplayed. Someone with more skills than you can get you to fold the better hand after the flop.
2. You get to see all 5 cards every time. (kind of like reason one.)
3. You should be pushing your advantages. In the long run you will make money doing this.
4. Get your money in when it good or at least you think it is good.

Reasons not to push.
1. You can outplay your opponent and get them to fold even if they are ahead.
2. Your hand is not that strong.
3. Afriad of losing the money in front of you (if that is the problem then it is not poker that is the problem, it is your bankroll.)

eyetrace

eyetrace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know about limit, and I know the strategies of pushing all in. I do it too. but so many online players, mostly micro limits, and free rolls, just push push push push push. and I hate that. I mean I know this isn't as much a problem at the higher limits, but I'm broke son. All I am saying is if you push all in pre flop, the terrorist win <-----(that is sarcasm)