Is low stakes poker unplayable now a days?

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude if that actually happens you should have an insane winrate and just print money, much higher than if they actually played post flop.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dream is to find a table as well, there are people who complain. I do not understand this!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my humble opinion 75% of most micro's are gonna be unwinnable between calling stations sucking u out and just bad luck/cards it's difficult.

It can be difficult to play against calling station, because they can have almost anything, and they are going to test your patience. But that certainly does not mean, that a game full of calling stations is unwinnable. In fact its just the opposite. You just need to use the right strategy.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One problem with a lot of sites now is that you can't get any information about a table unless you sit down to play. Some sites no longer allow you to observe the table before you decide to join. pokerstars still does at the moment, but they seem to be heading the way of the others, observer chat has already been removed. The problem with stars is if you find a juicy table from observing the chances are the waiting list will be long.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hello hello,
If no one calls me every hand I would be very happy:D :D

My friend, this might be one session, but micro players are generally calling stations, very wide not tight!

But still, please tell me about the table of the limp limp fold, I would be very happy play in that table!

gl everybody

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If what you say is true then you cant lose. Just raise limpers all the time and take their coins.

In reality those limpers call you and call you down all the way to showdown.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you should move to tournaments. If you’re fortunate enough to ship a few you can jump from MICRO stakes to Low stakes.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, just found this thread. Yeah this is another dream scenario. I have to laugh when people complain about crushing too hard so they decide to punt their stack in frustration. All in a matter of 30 minutes! I didn't know about the 4 table cap as I just got up to 4 tables myself. My last few sessions show at 4 tables I'm getting about 325 hands per hour. If we win 3 cents uncontested every hand by only raising 1 BB we would print $9.75 per hour at 2NL. As fundiver says a good win rate is mostly described as 10 BB / 100 hands. This would be 487.5 BB / 100. You can't smash a game much harder than that. You're actually winning more that way than the guy who folded for 30 minutes and then took your $2. He's making less than $4 / hour if he's lucky enough to get someone to punt to him every 30 minutes since he has to pay blinds and rake in between punts.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This behavior is the opposite of when I played low stakes. If this is the new "normal" unfortunately you have to adapt yourself.

L

lluminastars

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wat?

If players are playing too passively and tightly, then play more aggressively and loosely to slowly but consistently take their money. Then you can use that money to move up in stakes where the playing styles may be more acceptable to you.

Last edited:
G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People fold? That is unlike my experience. If you are playing so tight that you get no action, you should loosen up a bit.

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, poker with $ 0.01 or $ 0.02 stakes is good because you learn to play more responsibly without spending much

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id say that if you want action than go SnGs or Tournaments for that forced action due to rising blinds. Cash games are a different speed and you'll be grinding more than getting into giant pots.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's a common behavior

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You get days like this, but what some people forget is poker is a Marathon not a Sprint, and it can take hours of grinding before you make a profit.
In my early days playing poker was like going to work. I would sit at my desktop playing several games at once for hours and still only beat a small percentage of them.
A friend of mine who was a pro told me that if I could win 1 in 20 then I should give up working and take up Poker as a pro,
I never got that good!
I started playing a few days ago on a new site that was recommended to me and on the first day I played 9 MTT games, some were for tickets to bigger tourney's others cash. I lost on 2 games, won tickets on 3 and cashed in on 4, but only just in the money.
I am still an Amateur, and only play for fun!

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive never really noticed what your talking about. I play free rolls and 25 cent 90 man sng and the differnce between the skill in the 25 cent to the free roll is insane!

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I moved away from low stakes for that reason, besides there are chances to achieve other prizes just for playing in a little higher stacks. 5/10 min.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm maybe they have your stats and you need to change up your game?