low limit play

T

tucum

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was talking to this friend and we were talking poker his stratige is to start at low limit and keep moving up and if he has a bad run go back to low limit i am not sure if i agree with that because at low limit you have a lot of people who call on anything as you do in the freerolls if you get past the ones that call anything on the freerolls and get toward the last few tables then you get some good players i think you have a better quality player at the higher limit and buy in tournaments what do you think

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that a player who can't beat bad opponents would do himself a favor by not taking on good opponents.

The idea that good players can't win at low limit tables because bad players won't respect raises is ridiculous. It's not entirely unlike a statement that it's easier to beat good chess players than bad ones, because the bad ones aren't as rational and will make strange moves.

For maximum profit, an adjustment needs to be made, but it's a small adjustment and not a terribly difficult one to make: bluff less. Bet your good hands more.