Lost 25 buy ins in couple of hours

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play 25 bains per hour? push fold after 10 hands or what ???

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Oh wait.. YOU play those stakes you are suggesting he play at, dont you?" I have absolutely no idea what this implies.

This implies that you want him moving up to your stakes so you might have him on your tables.

"Move up to where they respect your raises"

There are many reasons why this is one of the worst reasons in the world to move up in stakes...............

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This implies that you want him moving up to your stakes so you might have him on your tables.

"Move up to where they respect your raises"

There are many reasons why this is one of the worst reasons in the world to move up in stakes...............

you are now entering the realm of the ridiculous...the twiglet zone...

I play pokerstars so seldomly, this is just absurd. I don't know this member's stars name...and i certainly wouldnt try to find it out in order to target him / her. You can't even choose a table or seat now on stars..it is all done automatically.
My only wish for this member is that they get a better poker experience, improve, and play winning poker at the next level.

"Move up to where they respect your raises". I never said this...again i have no idea what you are on about.

keep taking the tablets Fletch ;)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are now entering the realm of the ridiculous...the twiglet zone...

I play pokerstars so seldomly, this is just absurd. I don't know this member's stars name...and i certainly wouldnt try to find it out in order to target him / her. You can't even choose a table or seat now on stars..it is all done automatically.
My only wish for this member is that they get a better poker experience, improve, and play winning poker at the next level.

"Move up to where they respect your raises". I never said this...again i have no idea what you are on about.*****1

keep taking the tablets Fletch ;)

First of all, google "humor"............. Obviously, something that is above your head. But I guess you wont get it even if I have to splain..... The fact that you dont get humor and have to insult me when I apply it to your ridiculous advice (move up in stakes when you are losing) is telling. Why you start shit with me by insulting me is anyones guess.

If you have never heard the "move up where they respect your raises" comment before, then I am sorry. I thought you had been involved in the poker world. This is a very famous saying.

I dont have time for the rest. Shove your tablet comment (which is why I am somewhat rude back to you, so, again, shove that comment right where it belongs) and keep on advising losing players to move up in stakes. You DID advise him to move up to higher stakes, did you not???? Oh, wait, yes you did. So I am not sure what you are confused about. If you need help reading your past posts, I am happy to remind you of what you did say:

if you have $50 that you can piss away in 2 hours, i would suggest that you move up to stakes that are more meaningful for you...stakes that will make you play better...take it more seriously........
move up to 5/10...you will get a better game there...and you might take it more seriously.
*****1 Is this not pretty much the same thing as "move up in stakes where they respect your raises"? Not word for word, but, hey, you DID say this didnt you?

Pick your battles......
lmao.

Last edited:
monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, google "humor"............. Obviously, something that is above your head. But I guess you wont get it even if I have to splain..... The fact that you dont get humor and have to insult me when I apply it to your ridiculous advice (move up in stakes when you are losing) is telling. Why you start shit with me by insulting me is anyones guess.

If you have never heard the "move up where they respect your raises" comment before, then I am sorry. I thought you had been involved in the poker world. This is a very famous saying.

I dont have time for the rest. Shove your tablet comment (which is why I am somewhat rude back to you, so, again, shove that comment right where it belongs) and keep on advising losing players to move up in stakes. You DID advise him to move up to higher stakes, did you not???? Oh, wait, yes you did. So I am not sure what you are confused about. If you need help reading your past posts, I am happy to remind you of what you did say:

*****1 Is this not pretty much the same thing as "move up in stakes where they respect your raises"? Not word for word, but, hey, you DID say this didnt you?

Pick your battles......
lmao.

my idea of the OP moving up, was because they said they had been winning prior to losing 25 buy-ins....ie they are/were a winning player...

I still think if the OP can afford to lose $50 at 1/2 nlhe before quitting, that money would be better spent on 5 buyins at 5/10 level...i still think that. Playing one table only...concentrating...playing 'inside' the game...not multitabling or zoom on auto pilot.

humour...not everyone gets everyone else's humour...we are acquired tastes...i apologise unreservedly if i didn't get your humour as intended....
if you think the tablets comment was an insult, then you have very thin skin indeed. maybe you need different tablets ;)

there is only love..

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my idea of the OP moving up, was because they said they had been winning prior to losing 25 buy-ins....ie they are/were a winning player...

I still think if the OP can afford to lose $50 at 1/2 nlhe before quitting, that money would be better spent on 5 buyins at 5/10 level...i still think that. Playing one table only...concentrating...playing 'inside' the game...not multitabling or zoom on auto pilot.

humour...not everyone gets everyone else's humour...we are acquired tastes...i apologise unreservedly if i didn't get your humour as intended....
if you think the tablets comment was an insult, then you have very thin skin indeed. maybe you need different tablets ;)

there is only love..

OP never said he was a winning player. He said he started his losing session with a profit. Bad players often start sessions in the plus. Having profit on your account and being a winning player are NOT the same thing. Let me know if I need to break this down. I also touched on this (if he actually is a winning player and this is just a downswing) in another post. But I am not gonna repost everything......

Here is OP again... *sigh*
"I just lost 25 buy in at 2nl holdem. Actually more because I started a day with a profit. Ever happened to you? Do you think it's variance or I'm really that bad?"

So where does he say he is a winning player?

My initial comment: "I must vehemently disagree. If one cannot play a lower stake and win, saying to play higher stakes is just...

Oh wait.. YOU play those stakes you are suggesting he play at, dont you?;)"

I kinda thought the humor was pretty hard to miss, even without a sense of humor. For a poker player, it should be anyway......

Not sure what you were saying with your tablet comment. Saying ".i apologise unreservedly if i didn't get your humour as intended...." then following that up with another tablet comment, well. Yea, whatever floats your boat and makes you feel good about yourself, I guess. I am not thin-skinned just cause I tell you to shove your not-so-subtle insults. But, as I said, keep em comin' if it makes you feel better;)

There are a number of poker pros here at CC. I challenge you to find one single one who would advise a player who is not a winning player to move up in stakes if they are not beating the stakes they are presently playing at. If OP actually IS a winning player, then I seriously doubt they would be asking if a 25BI downswing is bad play or simply variance without posting any other information.

Advising a losing player to move up in stakes is bad advice. Since OP does not seem to have a lot of knowledge about why he lost (Hint: Read OP again???), well, that does not sound like a winning player to me. If you can't see that, well, ok then.

Anyway, enjoy your day.

Last edited: