• Start date
jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash game Full ring: Isolate one better with a 10 to 25 percent raise. I usually come out with a 50 percent of pot continuation bet and will fold to a large raise by opponent. In my mind AA or any pair for that matter loses most of its value after the flop. I don't play much MTT, but I would think going all in preflop is much more situational and would require more caution if opponent has you out chpped.

Enzo1089

Enzo1089

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate AA , yesterday my friend shared a hand with pocket AA losing against 7 2. As i know 7 2 is the worst hand u can have in poker?

I think 7 2 off is the worst possible hand statistically. I feel your pain though on the whole losing with AA thing to a worse hand. The other day I had AA and the flop came 2 A 4 rainbow. Other guy shoved all in, so obviously I call at this point. He shows J 10 off, so I was like "yay I win!"

Turn comes....Queen. River....King.

Super-villain donk wins with Ace high straight on the turn and river. :banghead: :banghead:

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO I think you're losing value as you say! But do not forget that those hands have to play them strong but carefully pre-flop you never know when a small pair can be transformed into a monster!

T

thebigslade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash game Full ring: Isolate one better with a 10 to 25 percent raise. I usually come out with a 50 percent of pot continuation bet and will fold to a large raise by opponent. In my mind AA or any pair for that matter loses most of its value after the flop. I don't play much MTT, but I would think going all in preflop is much more situational and would require more caution if opponent has you out chpped.

I don't play MTT at all, but I can't imagine that GII pre needs caution or hesitance against any opponent..

You're always going to be 80% favourite to double up even if you're facing KK....

J

JRock27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Things to consider :
Opponent is tight that can make folds/or donk that will call a 4 bet with AK-10's or better
Position, in position you can flat
Stack size and your table image

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello friends. I play 10NL and I'm wondering if I'm losing value by always 4+betting AA/KK preflop. Would it pay to start calling some 3Bets with these hands? Thanks
AA - this is the strongest starting hand, you raise in order to form a good bank, which is likely to get you.

Your raise can answer 1-2 players, in other matters to you is just at hand. You may encounter a re-raise, in response to it you have to do a re-raise again or raise all-in. In case you did before you raise the other players, you should also do a re-raise, or go all-in.