Losing 100NL

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bunch of shit that pops out:

Defend less from the blinds. You're losing more from the blinds than you would if you just open folded every hand.

No idea what's going on with your blue line/redline. Combining your stats it looks like you're simultaneously folding too much when you're ahead and betting too much when you're behind/have no FE. Work on your hand reading skills imo. You're Won $ At Showdown Stat is way too low considering how rarely you go to showdown.

That A5hh hand, we really don't want to be 3-betting fish light. Ever, really. Man's raise calling 84dd, tighten up then bet three streets for value when you hit.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bunch of shit that pops out:

Defend less from the blinds. You're losing more from the blinds than you would if you just open folded every hand.

No idea what's going on with your blue line/redline. Combining your stats it looks like you're simultaneously folding too much when you're ahead and betting too much when you're behind/have no FE. Work on your hand reading skills imo. You're Won $ At Showdown Stat is way too low considering how rarely you go to showdown.

I concur. What's your W$WSF? It's just off the page, but I'm guessing it's lowish right? 38% something like that?

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sample size is too small for anything really meaningful but sb winrate is a little low, not godawful though, bb is ok. winrates for other positions look a bit low across the board, guess you could just improve everywhere.

T

TheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I concur. What's your W$WSF? It's just off the page, but I'm guessing it's lowish right? 38% something like that?

46.7 %, which is standard, over 50 is agressive, under 40 passive.

65k is not that small honestly you can see easily see what i'm doing right or wrong, obviously over 100k would be better

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WR is not bad from the blinds, it's the VPIP in those spots compared to elsewhere that looks iffy at first glance to my eyes, but I'm not a stats guy. I remember from that myth last post on redline ever thing that he said a loss rate of 20 and 40 were standard.

Sample size isn't that great for saying anything uber definitive apart from something isn't working out.

Yeah, you're right, that W$WSF is fine. So, what is going wrong here then? I tend to wonder if doom has a point about the nuances of post flop. Sounds like you might want to drop down though, and work out where you are losing money, folding the turn too much, calling 2 and folding the river too much? That kinda thing?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WR is not bad from the blinds, it's the VPIP in those spots compared to elsewhere that looks iffy at first glance to my eyes, but I'm not a stats guy. I remember from that myth last post on redline ever thing that he said a loss rate of 20 and 40 were standard.

Sample size isn't that great for saying anything uber definitive apart from something isn't working out.

Yeah, you're right, that W$WSF is fine. So, what is going wrong here then? I tend to wonder if doom has a point about the nuances of post flop. Sounds like you might want to drop down though, and work out where you are losing money, folding the turn too much, calling 2 and folding the river too much? That kinda thing?

It's not W$WSF that's the problem, it's his W$SD that is way too low.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I already said I agreed with that. I thought looking at his redline that perhaps he was also being too passive post flop. We've got a situation where he's losing at SD too much and also losing a decent amount without SD.

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i've been thinking about that, maybe i should give up the goal of supernova and drop to 50NL zoom, is it much softer?, so i runned the leakbuster free trail and it says i have 6 leaks and it is i 3 bet from BB and SB a little too much, i should 3 bet more w/ position,i play trouble hands like Q10/KJ a little too much, i play SC's from MP too much. but i mean these i think are small leaks that dont justify that much losing

Unfortunately, the free trial of LB doesn't give a ton of info. The full version goes quite a bit more in depth. It's definitely helpful.

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, the free trial of LB doesn't give a ton of info. The full version goes quite a bit more in depth. It's definitely helpful.

I have a copy of LB for sale if you want to buy?

PM me if youre interested

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah under 47 % is bad, but it is really affected by bad beats so i wouldnt read too much into it

Can you post another pic with your AIEV then?

and @ Cafeman, sorry, misunderstood.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely move down. Make sure you can kill the level(s) below. SN is fine as a goal but there's probably one or two steps to make beforehand. You'll have to be somewhat patient there.

Rebuild your game from the ground up, starting with the fundamentals. This isn't a matter of tweaking one or two stats or pinpointing a subtle leak. Even if your finished game plan ends up very similar to how you currently play, it's worth it here to reanalyze how you're approaching various situations both common and uncommon and generally your overall thought process.

65k+ hands and bad beats are the reason your W$SD is poor? It's a percentage. You either run like a quadriplegic or it betrays a larger underlying problem than simply bad beats.

I think someone mentioned hand reading already. I also suspect that might have something to do with it just looking at your graph/stats, but I couldn't be sure unless I sat at your table for a session or so. In the words of one of the NHL's greatest net minders, stats are like bikinis. They reveal a lot, but the don't reveal everything.

Incidentally I went and played some 100NL myself earlier today. Ended up about 7 buy ins to the good over 1.5k hands. I was close to making a post here about how absurd the players are at this limit and the great lengths they go to try and lose, but I stopped myself as it would probably come off pretty dickish. I haven't played enough hundo to know if the games are getting softer now again or if it's just my usual horseshoe self playing the right players at the right times or w/e, but I can't imagine any reasonably tilt resistant player not being at least a marginal winner there if they have the kind of knowledge this very forum is teeming with. But again, I think you should see how you do at 50NL for awhile first.

T

TheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah you're right, for example i raise utg w/JJ, btn is an unknown and 3 bets, i call, board QT3 rainbow, he bets i call, turn is a 5 he bets i fold

T

TheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely move down. Make sure you can kill the level(s) below. SN is fine as a goal but there's probably one or two steps to make beforehand. You'll have to be somewhat patient there.

Rebuild your game from the ground up, starting with the fundamentals. This isn't a matter of tweaking one or two stats or pinpointing a subtle leak. Even if your finished game plan ends up very similar to how you currently play, it's worth it here to reanalyze how you're approaching various situations both common and uncommon and generally your overall thought process.

65k+ hands and bad beats are the reason your W$SD is poor? It's a percentage. You either ad beats.run like a quadriplegic or it betrays a larger underlying problem than simply b

I think someone mentioned hand reading already. I also suspect that might have something to do with it just looking at your graph/stats, but I couldn't be sure unless I sat at your table for a session or so. In the words of one of the NHL's greatest net minders, stats are like bikinis. They reveal a lot, but the don't reveal everything.

Incidentally I went and played some 100NL myself earlier today. Ended up about 7 buy ins to the good over 1.5k hands. I was close to making a post here about how absurd the players are at this limit and the great lengths they go to try and lose, but I stopped myself as it would probably come off pretty dickish. I haven't played enough hundo to know if the games are getting softer now again or if it's just my usual horseshoe self playing the right players at the right times or w/e, but I can't imagine any reasonably tilt resistant player not being at least a marginal winner there if they have the kind of knowledge this very forum is teeming with. But again, I think you should see how you do at 50NL for awhile first.

I dont run like a quadriplegic but for sure there's a sniper on the roof that is shooting me in the leg all the time

T

TheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
q4t.png

Im not sure is this what you want

Maksimus771

Maksimus771

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the main thing is not to be greedy

T

TheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain plays 25/25 on 8 hands so pretty unknown the one time he got 3 bet he called so i expected him to call a lot in position, i feel like his range has a lot of Tx here, thoughts?

poker stars, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $98.50 (98.5 bb)
Hero (SB): $115.51 (115.5 bb)
BB: $100.53 (100.5 bb)
UTG: $30.43 (30.4 bb)
MP: $103.19 (103.2 bb)
CO: $125.73 (125.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
club4.gif
J
heart4.gif

3 folds, BTN raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $7.60, BB folds, BTN calls $5.10

Flop: ($16.20) T
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
T
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50

Turn: ($35.20) A
spade4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $21, Hero calls $21

River: ($77.20) Q
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $60.40 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results: $77.20 pot ($2.80 rake)
Final Board: T
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
T
club4.gif
A
spade4.gif
Q
club4.gif

BTN mucked and won $74.40 ($36.30 net)
Hero mucked A
club4.gif
J
heart4.gif
and lost (-$38.10 net)

T

TheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This are the hands i probably not the best playing, so villain plays 36/28 over 69 hands doesnt fold to 3bet on the btn so huge range, flop i bet he folds 50 %, so seems like a good cbet spot, plus have backdoor draws and over, turn i bet again thinking he folds a lot here, should i barrell river?

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $234.27 (234.3 bb)
Hero (SB): $145.25 (145.3 bb)
BB: $100 (100 bb)
UTG: $100 (100 bb)
MP: $131.87 (131.9 bb)
CO: $100 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
club4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif

3 folds, BTN raises to $2, Hero raises to $7, BB folds, BTN calls $5

Flop: ($15) 9
club4.gif
K
spade4.gif
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $9, BTN calls $9

Turn: ($33) J
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $19.50, BTN calls $19.50

River: ($72) 3
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $198.77 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results: $72.00 pot ($2.80 rake)
Final Board: 9
club4.gif
K
spade4.gif
club4.gif
J
heart4.gif
club4.gif

BTN mucked and won $69.20 ($33.70 net)
Hero mucked A
club4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif
and lost (-$35.50 net)

B

banshee1975

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded AJ to the raise in the sb preflop in your first hand. The AQ hand after the continuation bet on the flop i would have check folded the turn and river as there is no hand to make imo. Im pretty rusty as i mentioned. Just my 2 cents

T

TheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded AJ to the raise in the sb preflop in your first hand. The AQ hand after the continuation bet on the flop i would have check folded the turn and river as there is no hand to make imo. Im pretty rusty as i mentioned. Just my 2 cents

You would AJ vs a btn raise, no way that's super bad, you probably just made a mistake writing

B

banshee1975

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may be way off base here but you just bled out another $70 in the blinds to add to $8500+. To me AJ just isnt a good enough hand to reraise. Are you reraising a lot when think people are trying to buy your blind maybe?

T

TheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may be way off base here but you just bled out another $70 in the blinds to add to $8500+. To me AJ just isnt a good enough hand to reraise. Are you reraising a lot when think people are trying to buy your blind maybe?

No, AJ vs button is 3 bet for sure

1pr.png

I probably dont 3 bet A9 to A6 suited and unsuited, and some on suited broadways, 13 % is my default range here

B

banshee1975

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That chart is for limit play. Regardless, if this is your problem area wouldnt you adjust your strategy seeing that this isnt working at the table or sites youre playing on?