Live Grind: How to Fall Asleep at the Table (Without Getting Caught)

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ causing me problems yet again lol. But this one's a winner!

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BOOM made it to Vegas:

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish I was there too! Get it done man.

Also, I've watched a few of these videos man. I've been lurking in this thread for a while. I really like the vids man, they are legit. They motivate me as well.

Awesome, glad you get something out of them! If there's one thing I always want my vids to accomplish, it's getting people to want to play poker :)

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome, glad you get something out of them! If there's one thing I always want my vids to accomplish, it's getting people to want to play poker :)

Mission accomplished!

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YT comments can get brutal. I like the non-poker parts of the videos and I don't really think it's valid when they complain, though I appreciate your ability to keep from blasting them when they complain about their ill-conceived notions of your "complaints". :p

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YT comments can get brutal. I like the non-poker parts of the videos and I don't really think it's valid when they complain, though I appreciate your ability to keep from blasting them when they complain about their ill-conceived notions of your "complaints". :p

Haha yeah. I've observed several things about YT comments as my vlog has gotten bigger:

1. Extreme comments often do not represent the majority. My latest video isn't my most popular or most liked, but it is performing well, which shows that nothing about the vid is HORRIBLE. So even though several people commented with that feedback, they could sometimes be outliers.

2. Extreme comments that seem invalid are sometimes valid points... taken to an extreme. People on YT have thoughts and then just spew them out without analyzing much and they often take things way further than it makes sense. So instead of saying "that was a long intro, and while some of it was fine, it was too long and dragged for me," they say "that's the ****ing longest intro evarrr lol you ****ing complain too much and we don't care and only want the poker." So while I can't really take the sentiment/how they might say it to heart, there can be ways to improve my vids based on those kinds of comments.

3. Feeding trolls is bad... but not all extreme commenters are trolls. It's funny, I used to totally ignore negative comments. But then I realized that a lot of them weren't just trolling - they saw something in my video that was worthwhile, liked it, but were turned off by something or couldn't get into it because of some aspect. Doesn't always mean they are right, but by responding to them and showing them I care what they think, I'm more likely to win them over, possibly show them a differing perspective, etc. I don't reply to every comment like that but some of them seem to have potential for seeing that I'm human being behind the computer creating these things kind of out of thin air.

Anyway I know those points didn't really draw a conclusion per se, but I wanted to basically say that there's a reason I don't totally ignore those or give them flames right back.

/youtube_rant

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While it may not seem poker related, I think that mindset that led you to draw those conclusions is what makes you good at poker.

Also, congrats on the Colossus cash.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boom. Day 2 of Marathon results. More incoming!

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Day 3:

Day 4:

Last edited:
OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just came in to say Matt's handwriting is worse than a 5 year olds :D

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice run man! I really liked your thought process on the Ah-Jh and the 9-9 as well.

I'm impressed! Keep up the great work!

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just came in to say Matt's handwriting is worse than a 5 year olds :D

Bahaha. Usually just trying to sprint the hell out of there quick, plus it's the SECOND carbon copy you're seeing lol.

Also, it might sound crazy, but I don't write very often anymore - so much digital these days, trying to think but the only things I really write are signatures usually. #excuses

Nice run man! I really liked your thought process on the Ah-Jh and the 9-9 as well.

I'm impressed! Keep up the great work!

Thanks, Bean! I'm certainly gonna try to keep it rolling. :)

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
inner monolgue today..

*sees Matt's twitter*

'thats not Matt is it, seems a little dark skinned.. poker rooms dont give out tans do they?'

*clicks profile*

it's an Indian guy?

*clicks on picture*

'ITS MARGINAL?! LMAOOOO'

did you lose a bet?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
inner monolgue today..

*sees Matt's twitter*

'thats not Matt is it, seems a little dark skinned.. poker rooms dont give out tans do they?'

*clicks profile*

it's an Indian guy?

*clicks on picture*

'ITS MARGINAL?! LMAOOOO'

did you lose a bet?

Actually, kind of in the process of winning one. :D

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welp... I'm playing the main today.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a shocker... I had a swingy day.

Table started out "easy," and I chipped up from 50k starting to about 68k. Then from there it all went to hell, with tough spot after tough spot, and I managed to chip all the way down to 18k. Granted, this was in level 2, so I never actually got below 50bb, but these were BIG losses.

I lost my cool, but did manage to reign it in, take it easy, use my dinner break to regroup, and come back to battle. Fought it out almost all the way back to starting stack, and bagged 46,100 for Day 2C. I'll obviously be well under average, but we'll be coming back to blinds of 300/600/100a, so 46k is VERY playable.

Don't know my table draw yet, but hopefully it'll be better than what I had to deal with today.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are Mathew Vaughan, table draw is irrelevant to you, just boss it

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2866 James Tilton 17,500 Miranda / 627 / 1
2867 Narendra Banwari 32,000 Miranda / 627 / 2
2868 Lloyd Wilson 43,500 Miranda / 627 / 3
2869 Jaroslaw Jaskiewicz 22,500 Miranda / 627 / 4
2870 Andrey Zaichenko 129,700 Miranda / 627 / 5
2871 John Gottwald 38,200 Miranda / 627 / 6
2872 Christopher Lastiwka 112,000 Miranda / 627 / 7
2873 Matthew Vaughan 46,100 Miranda / 627 / 8
2874 Emmanuel Okrah Jr 92,300 Miranda / 627 / 9

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished looking at Hendon Mob - only person with a notable amount of earnings is Andrew Zaichenko, and he seems to be a bit of a sicko. Has won an EPT High Roller, won the wsop 2-7 Triple Draw last year, and has a lot of cashes in high rollers and WSOP events. $2.9M in earnings, so he's no slouch.

He's 3 to my right, which isn't end of the world, but means he'll have the CO when I'm the BB, which could mean some annoyances. The rest of the table seems highly manageable.

Enjoying my day off so far, and later I'm going to see Spider-Man with some friends. Should be fun and a nice detox from a fairly stressful day yesterday. Already looking forward to tomorrow!

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll send you a message with some reads

Organize a Home Poker Game