Limping in with Pocket AA

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the 99% raise preflop with AA, but on the rare occasion your sitting at a table and your in EP with a super aggro still to act who always seems to bet big and you "know" that raise is coming it can be very good to limp - reraise. There are no absolutes in poker but you definitely don't want too many people seeing the flop when u get pocket Aces.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok. so iget that i should raise big preflop with AA rather thaan going all in !!!
right???
I thinks this is the best stratergy i can follow from now on...
Lets see how it works...

E

elbandiddo32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
always bet big with AA because if u don't then u are beggin for trouble. Remember that it is only a pair and if u allow the limpers to come in they can easily hit. Besides how do u put anybody on any hand if u are not testing their strength by raising?

N

Nikola99999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very aggressive play with АА - it's my rule.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have limped AA succefully before. Calling after a raise to induce a squeeze is good and can disguise your hand well. Generally though it is a cash game move just to balance your play and you must be able to fold post flop.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA allin will only get the blinds.. I always look to get maximum value and sometimes that borders on slow play. Dependent upon the players 2xBB to 4xBB is usually enough to get only 1 or 2 in the hand.

If a king flops and I now have an aggressor I know to be cautious ..... too many times my AA has lost to trip Kings. If I had gone allin for sure the KK would have called. Always looking for maximum value

TJ Cookier

TJ Cookier

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limping AA pre in a cashgame is not as optimal as raising as a default line. with a plan it can be fine.

also limping AA is hard to balance, esp if u limp re raise.

seuatx

seuatx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes limping with pocket aces is very risky. most of the time you wont get any value out of it and if you are in early position, you induce other players to want to limp as well.

When i first started playing poker, and i was in early position, i limped a lot trying to get players to raise but 8 out 10 times this never happened. never try get cute with slow playing them because you always get burned.

Be aggressive with them and you should get the value you are supposed to out of them :p

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping with any hand makes the baby jesus cry so stop doing it!

A

asmartone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if it is aggressive table, otherwise you should always bet.

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with Exit141Rte1 and Dresturn2 only limp with AA if you have a maniac jamming every pot after you so you can re-raise him and be heads up in a situation were you're always ahead pre-flop. This also helps your image since your opponents will be more cautious raising you later because of the fear you might be limping in with a big pocket pair allowing you to limp in with smaller pairs later.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only limp with AA if i've known the table to b loose and raising. Then u can stick in a re-raise to make it look like a steal unless u've been playin tight then ur gonna get respect for ur re-raise...

But in any other situation then im raising with AA to get vaule + protect my hand against inferior hands.

H

HipHopStoner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't slow play my kings and I just got paid off HUGE by 4 different people and one of them had aces.. too bad I hit my King on the flop woooohooo.

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But the Jesus whose opinion matters in poker simply tells us not to be the first one to limp into the pot ;) .

Are you trying to say baby Jesus open limps?

Vex444

Vex444

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to be consistant with you play. If you raise big everytime you have a high pair no ones going to call.
Now if your a loose player and raise almost every pot your in then raise big. Dont want to give tale tale signs as to what your holding.
But in general I usually raise 3 to 4 times the blinds leaving a out if need be. Unless ss then you really have no choice but to go all in.

B

bilgert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I would consider limping with Aces would be in a heads up situation or in late position with short stacks behind me. I would rather raise to pick up a small pot or bet to isolate. Once you have 2 or more more other people in a pot with you post flop, the value of pocket rockets falls off dramatically.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you trying to say baby Jesus open limps?

Baby Jesus grew up. He lived pre-poker. Seeing as how he didn't make some sort of prop bet before walking on water, multiplying loaves and fishes, and raising the dead...

I doubt he'd play poker. He'd headline at The Mirage or something. But I doubt he'd play poker.

Or were you refering to a card playing hispanic infant whose name is pronounced "Hay-Seuss"?