Limping with AA early.pos in very agressive table

L

Luckylmn3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can tell the agressiveness of the table then I'm sure everyone else at the table is aware of it too. Meaning they have become accustomed to overvalueing their hands and calling the preflop raises with their 9 7 off suit cards. You do not want to be up against 3 or more of these types of hands with Aces because of the chances of them hitting atleast 2-pair if not a straight or a flush. Push on top of the raise and try to get against 1 or 2 ppl--that is where AA hands thrive.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think limping up front in the situation you described is a very good play. If the table is going to be aggro enough to be popping that many hands, it's good to get some money in there and let you reraise. Only caution here--if no one raises, and you find yourself in a multiway pot, you may have to let the hand go.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full ring tournament ofcourse.
It's one or the other! 'Full Ring' are CASH games where you are playing on only 1 table for CASH---'Tourniment' games are played with usually MORE than 1 table, unless you are playing SnGs or STT---either way, tournys are when you pay a certain amount of money as a 'Buy in' and split the total money at the end---usually, if it's a SnG--10 players--3 places pay out---6 players, 2 places pay out. But in tournys, many places pay out depending on the number of people registered! In 'Ring Games' you play against each other and what you win, you win--and you can leave at any time---in tournys you play until you either win or place ITM or are knocked out!:eek:

T

TimFar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm... table full of maniacs I would raise and wait for the reraise to push... my trouble comes at nitty tables, where a small early raise can fold the table (happens a lot)... so I sometimes limp there because there won't be many callers anyway, they are all waiting for primo hands.

100%

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know you are ging to see alot of limpers, or even a raise with callers behind it I think you should raise6-8 X the blind. Narrow the field early and make the others pay to beat you.

C

Cilderr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's one or the other! 'Full Ring' are CASH games where you are playing on only 1 table for CASH---'Tourniment' games are played with usually MORE than 1 table, unless you are playing SnGs or STT---either way, tournys are when you pay a certain amount of money as a 'Buy in' and split the total money at the end---usually, if it's a SnG--10 players--3 places pay out---6 players, 2 places pay out. But in tournys, many places pay out depending on the number of people registered! In 'Ring Games' you play against each other and what you win, you win--and you can leave at any time---in tournys you play until you either win or place ITM or are knocked out!:eek:

Well sorry, i mean 9-10 handed tournament table.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see why a limp here would not be a good play. Let all the others go nuts. For me to get a crack at nukeing the other seem like a reasonable approach.

It will get smoked every once and a while in a suck out. I can't see how a fold preflop is in the cards. Man you wait hand after hand for these very two cards and not to try to play the rockets a little different each time you mix it up in an attempt to vary your play is a bad thing. Is it?

AlBundy24

AlBundy24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question possibly for a new thread....would you ever, drunk or sober, fold AA preflop? Either you have a "bad feeling" or have 8 out of 9 people all in? Don't forget, it's just a pair.

C

Cilderr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i fold AA preflop when im playing a sattelite and if folding guarantees me the ticket to other tourney.(either two shorties gone all in or im the medium stack and big stack puts the pressure on me and within next couple of rounds shories are anted/blinded out)