Limp vs maniac?

J

Jimbob900

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so tonight at 1/3 live I went up against a maniac. He played almost every hand. Would show things like j5 offsuit at showdown

I tried open raising bigger pre flop but I still got callers and he would always call. I would 3 bet his open raises and he would call with nothing. This was good to trap him with premium hands EXCEPT he would hit 2 pair, sets, you name it. Busted out quite a few guys. When I would open raise it would let him 3bet me and it was such a big pot on the flop that if I didn’t hit it was hard to continue in the hand.

So I started limping in with my good hands and let him raise to build a pot for me and slow played him and it worked. Is it ok to limp vs a maniac? I’ve always played if you play a hand raise it but tonight raising was just throwing money away Bc pot was almost always was 4 handed especially with the maniac. Limping let me control the pot size to an extent..

T

Timquietplace

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a good way, but I see in this more a way to catch a fugitive than to control the bank, if the hand is weak, then why dive under the aggressive guy?

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi)
With a maniac, I play cautiously and aggressively ...
Limp is good, when the card hits the flop ...)
And I kill him - rearranging his rates ...
Good luck with poker)
:laugh:

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it works, it works! Against this specific opponent you seem to have found a way to exploit him, well done. I would generally still just raise my big hands vs a maniac though. Big hands, big pots.

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you limp you have put in your mind that he's gonna Cbet if you did not hit the flop.Maniacs love to steal the pot.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As this maniak is also a calling station, limping and passive is the best; keep the chips coming.

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so tonight at 1/3 live I went up against a maniac. He played almost every hand. Would show things like j5 offsuit at showdown

I tried open raising bigger pre flop but I still got callers and he would always call. I would 3 bet his open raises and he would call with nothing. This was good to trap him with premium hands EXCEPT he would hit 2 pair, sets, you name it. Busted out quite a few guys. When I would open raise it would let him 3bet me and it was such a big pot on the flop that if I didn’t hit it was hard to continue in the hand.

So I started limping in with my good hands and let him raise to build a pot for me and slow played him and it worked. Is it ok to limp vs a maniac? I’ve always played if you play a hand raise it but tonight raising was just throwing money away Bc pot was almost always was 4 handed especially with the maniac. Limping let me control the pot size to an extent..

Hey. Limp against a maniac is good. Let's say that a hand like QJs is bad for call a 3bet. But if you make a limp with 87s and make a call, then you can constantly check-call his bets. Even if you have a top pair, then you should not be afraid to call all those bets down to the all-in. If he has a better combination, then it's not your fault.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As this maniak is also a calling station, limping and passive is the best; keep the chips coming.
I'm not playing passive against a station, maniac or not. Take them to value town with top pair and better.

Against this guy, who will play every pot, I am still open raising or 3 betting my premium hands, you want the call. He won't catch forever. By limping, you just invite other players in who can outdraw you. Don't forget the other players at the table.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against the maniac is hard to play, today I played with one, I waited, came to me AA game on 6 and 2 they came and I lost. Chance.

T

toughdefeat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahh the hold maniac problem. I think you played this smartly, and I'm glad it payed off for you. Just limp him to death and put that maniac to bed!

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Maniacs are more often aggressive than passive.

Ever heard the saying passive fish, aggressive donk. I lean toward the aggressive donk for a maniac.

If I were to limp a maniac, it will be for only one reason and that is. If I wanted to limp I will use the limp re-raise. I have often seen a limper being raised over and over again by a maniac. That is the perfect time to trap this maniac with a hand like KK+

I don't limp often though as I don't like that move. Aggression is the key.