Limit hold'em - how much rake do you pay? (or general rant)

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something I've just begun to notice is how much rake I'm paying. Have been playing a fair amount of 6-max Limit Hold'em recently (the excitement of No Limit is getting too much for me :p) and, as seems to be common knowledge, it's not possible for even a genius player to generate the same win rate as a really good NLHE player.

Anyway, in Poker Tracker you can see how much rake you've paid for a particular session by double-clicking on the session in Session Notes (Ctrl + click to select multiple sessions), then looking at the Total Rake column in the General Info tab.

Having done this, I'm finding for the 6-max tables at both Party and PokerRoom, at $0.50/1, the rake is working out at about 5 BB/100 hands, and at $1/2, 3.5 BB/100 hands. :eek:

Seeing as you're only supposed to be able to win 2-5 BB/100, this seems an incredible amount.

Can anyone who plays at different limits / sites report how much they're paying?

It's true that at $0.50/1 and $1/2 you're still in Donksville and it's still possible to be a winning player, but this must turn a huge number of players who win more than they lose into losing players.

(BTW if anyone's wondering why I'm posting this at 4am on Christmas Day, it's because I can't sleep. Too excited! Merry Christmas all!)

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think most sites reduce rake the higher limits you go. im up at $2/4 & $3/6 shorthanded LHE, but im at the relatives right now, cant check my rake paid in PT right now. will try to let you know asap once i do.