late registration

D

DREW0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest complaint is that I enter a tourney with 120 ppl. expecting that I am compteting against that # and that it should take a certain amt of time. By the time late reg is over sometimes that # has nearly doubled Increaseing the competition and the expected lenghth of the game.

Mr.Flushee

Mr.Flushee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a complete disadvatage to register late. Ive heard from many pros saying the more hands a pro has the better. So the only advantge to registering late is nothing cause you see less hands in the tourny.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bravo Dakota!!!!!

I don't really mind late reg...as I play small stakes on PS normally...IF I play a guaranteed money tourney it's usually WAY over....BUT, I do see the arguement......it's certainly a great idea for the sites themselves..some of these games get a couple hundred more people in the late reg.

T

teksmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like everyone says play really tight the first few minutes. that way you don't miss out on any great hands by waiting late to register. Also something could happen to cause you to not be able to register in time. (Program crash, dog chews through you mouse cord etc)

T

TheMountainBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's defenatly got it's differances. Sometimes it's good to wait till the blinds get larger, though on the other hand you miss those early tourny donks. Also yes you do have the chance of joining a table of 3-4 gorillas at the table.

S

Sonic_x_Reducer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see an advantage unless you are waiting to see if the guaranteed tournies go over or stay under....otherwise play tight at the beginning and let the donkeys be.