SHERMSTICK

SHERMSTICK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Against Aggression

In a Texas Holdem tournament, there are two styles of poker: passive
and aggressive. A good player can shift between them, but still favors one or the
other. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, which will be discussed next
week. This week, we will be discussing how to play against them.

A passive opponent is the easiest player to play against, as they only bet with the
goods. When they check to you, bet. Its that simple. If they call, brakes. Don’t try
to bluff them out, as they are only calling with strength. However, more often than
not, you will be able to push them out. Just be wary when they start calling.

An aggressive player is much more difficult to play against. He bets and raises so
often, you can never be sure when he has a strong hand. Yes, you can play back at
him, but if he pushes, as an aggressive player often will, you will have to have a
very strong hand to put all of your chips into the pot. So, I only suggest only one
way to play against this type of player: carefully.

I suggest one simple way to play against an aggressive player: patience. They will
get into a lot of pots, betting, raising, reraising. Just wait until you catch the
big hand. They will just give their chips away.

However, be careful. If you wait too long or too impatiently, you will be tagged as
one of those passive opponents, and the aggressive players will be fold. So, to beat
them, you must be slightly open in your plays, but not so much that it costs you.
You have to find a niche that works best with you.

So, when you get a crazy player 2 seats on your left (along with which you will get
my pity, because that is not a fun position to play) just wait. He will make a
mistake, and just hand you his chips.

P.S. Saw this an fig someone needed it

SHERMSTICK:cool:

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks sherm, we could always use some very sound poker advice