JJ trouble !!!

B

bird_man13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is a good hand, it's just sometimes u gotta know when to fold them when theirs overs out there, i win with them quite frequantly

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just for fun checked some of my stats at Tilt (on PT3)... JJ is a winner 64% of the time for me, QQ is 74%, KK is 84%, and AA is 81% (????).

Looks like I push AA too far...:rolleyes::smile:

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jacks are very hard to play for me. Even in late position I am very cautious. This video has been around for awhile, but it really sums it up. X

YouTube - How to play JJ

I wasn't going to post in here because everyone else pretty much had the whole JJ argument covered. Then I clicked on that video! ROFLMFAO!!! Thank you so much for posting that!!! Made my day!!!

D

DulceNina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nice video , but , JJ card is played allin all the time, in my opinion.

kesza

kesza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlucky, maybe i would pushed allin on the turn. Or checking the turn and trying to keep the pot low and survive to showdown cheaply.

moeraj

moeraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate being in that position with the overpair to the flop but a few higher pocket combinations possible. He certainly showed enough strength for you to consider his bigger pockets. You can't call there in case a bigger overcard comes on the turn. It's either over the top or go home.You have to decide if he showed enough strength to have that higher pocket pair.

onebourbon

onebourbon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe..I love 'em one day and hate 'em the next........lol

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe..I love 'em one day and hate 'em the next........lol

You are so right! But I alternate love/hate with JJ everytime I see 'em!:D

I rewatched that video...LMAO! again!:D :eek:

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lost the hand history, this just happened though so it's accurate.

.10/.25 NL on Pstars. Guy opens from EP, I'm in the SB with JJ. I'm probably 50/50 between raising and calling here. This time I decided to raise so I bump it to 3.50. He calls, there's about $6 in the pot for a 9-2-7 flop with 2 spades. I bet $4, he calls. Turn is a blank 3. I bet $9 into the ~$14 pot. He just calls again. Thinking about it now I guess I kinda decided to commit myself by betting that turn b/c now I have just $13 left and there's like $40 in the pot. The river brings the 10 of spades. I think it would be pretty retarded to check-fold at this point so I just shove. He calls and takes it with QQ.

I think I went wrong on the turn and should probably give up right there instead of firing again. I showed strength twice and got called each time. What do you guys think?:joyman:

This always happens in this situation if the flop is full of low cards. You just couldnt drop JJ he couldnt drop QQ (there could have been KK or AA in your hands...). It's very tough to drop JJ, cos he could have had only a top pair (nines)...

T

tacchini

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends in which position u are in the game ... buy he/s wright with raise or fold . it/s pretty dangerous just to call with jacks

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice video , but , JJ card is played allin all the time, in my opinion.

Welcome to the forum!

A couple problems with your JJ play imo. People will catch on. You are almost always putting yourself in a coin flip position. A nice pfr can usually limit the competition then if the flop if favorable - great! If not - you have to learn to lay big pairs down. Big pocket pairs will not always hold up, JJ is at the bottom of the premium hands list so with AKQ as overs, chances are your opp who calls will have one or 2 of those.

Learn to pfr and learn to let it go if the flop isn't good for your hand. You'll probably make more $$ in the long run.