Is it time to move up?

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all hello, this is my 1st post in cardschat.

So, I am a 2NL player at pokerstars and i dont know if it is time to move up.

I was playing 2NL/5NL when I first started playing poker, yeah I was one of the fish lol, I gave you guys a lot of money ahah. I busted my BR twice and I decided, I am going to learn how to play this game. So I began reading forums for advice and I got some, but I needed more so I decided to read Harrington on Online Poker ( he has a nice chapter on Micros). And since then I began really playing this game, and being successful actually !

I am now with 10146 hands ( after reading the book/forum ) and I am playing 13/11 , I know I am tight but it kinda works for me, I dont try to bluff I dont try to make fancy plays, just ABC poker. I got 19.16 bb/100. I got 112$ on my bankroll.

yeah I forgot, I am playing 6max 2NL. okay that's what I thought, just get a couple more thousand hands and if I keep winning just make a shot at it. thx! I think I am waiting for the big 30 BIs .

What....

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ jfc I didn't even notice that lol

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's probably more of an exclamation. It's rather nitty (to say the least) to be running like that at 6max.

However, as I said above, it's not something that needs to concern you too much at the moment. You need to be aware that it won't wash vs regs at higher stakes though.

D

Dilivio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to steal blinds more often to increase your VPIP, especially against guys with a high foldtosteal %

C

chipicao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to steal blinds more often to increase your VPIP, especially against guys with a high foldtosteal %

+1

open raise more from BU vs tight players from blinds and high foldtosteal%