Is it possible for me to win with that hand?

Tsubudai

Tsubudai

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hello, great week everyone.

I was playing that hand yesterday, I came across this sequence, what I thought was, the other guy must have a stronger card in the sequence than my jack. In that case, would it be a draw, or would I have won the hand because I had a card from the sequence (considering that move)? What if a king appeared at, would I have lost the pot?

20230430 073034

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Before river you had the best hand, but the river completed straight for all of you so it's a split. I don't know how the play went, but honestly you had no business being in it with J3 and there was no real option for you to be aggressive (unless you would be bluffing) on flop or turn as you just have a middle pair with bad kicker and no draws.
It is kinda unlucky for you that board made the straight in the end, but you weren't getting any action anyways with what the other 2 people had. Again I'd reconsider what hands I'm playing as you'll run into trouble and lose a lot of money playing with such hands too often.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I certainly wouldn't play J/3 unless I was on the BB and no one raised me, even completing the blind with the BB to act after me could have been dangerous if he decided to shove all-in, what would you do then?
Save your half blind for a better opportunity and muck the J/3, it is no use worrying what could have been had you played a hand like that, Fold, Forget and Find a better spot.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whoever was in the hand to the end, won

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
The board had the best 5 card hand possible so everybody wins in a split, if another king had come on the board then your jack plays to make the straight for the win for you... if you had a king instead of the jack in your hand everybody still splits since the board has the best hand👍

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
When a full major straight like this comes out at showdown, even if you have an intermediate card like you had the J, the pot is divided among all those who reach the end of the hand.
Regarding the hand in question, if I were you I would follow the advice of my friend @Pokerpoet2.
I would only play that hand in BB and if the whole game comes from limp.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well, this map isn't the best. This card is usually not played with, but if you're lucky, you can get nuts on the flop. In this situation, the street is already on the board, and no matter how old your card is, you will still split the pot. But you're in luck, because most of the time your pocket cards lose.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, there are no winners here. And you don't need to enter the game with your hand.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I was playing that hand yesterday, I came across this sequence, what I thought was, the other guy must have a stronger card in the sequence than my jack. In that case, would it be a draw, or would I have won the hand because I had a card from the sequence (considering that move)? What if a king appeared at, would I have lost the pot?

View attachment 331266
All players involved in that hand have the top straight, so it can only be a split

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I always go all-in on such a board.
There have been player who have thrown it away with the nuts cards on the board.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

View attachment 331266
it would be a draw, no matters what card are you holding.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If there isn't a flush then it's a chop for whomever remains in the hand.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

View attachment 331266
Considering you are playing J3o in a 3-way pot, you couldn’t expect much. You are also playing this weak combo from the SB. So I wonder: if you are playing weak hands from weak position, what else do you want?
Take a look into the CardsChat 30 days Poker course, it had helped me a lot and certainly will help you.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If there is no flash, this is a bet for whoever is left in hand.
in such a hand, a flash can't be there all different cards, even you will have 2 cards of the same suit, you will not be able to collect a flash and the answer to this question will say that they will share the pot there is no flash and full house can't be the only combination is straight so you will split the pot if you stay in the hand

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In poker, you can win with any hand, the card on the river sometimes creates such miracles that you can’t even believe that you are either fooled or in a wonderland.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If it were 5 or 9 on the river, you would lose and draw.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands