Was it a good fold?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok..Well I really doubt KK is in there range for the simple reason that they didn't 4bet you (Unless KK is not a 4betting hand)? So we can safely assume to take KK out of the range there..

Also why didn't you 3bet heavier? You min 3bet them (Why)?

Now onto the hand (1 more thing, I'd like to touch up on), most players at this level (Majority of them), will 4bet JJ/QQ/KK), so I mean some of them wont, but Majority of them will (Atleast in the zooms I've been playing at that level)...So I personally am excluding KK/QQ (JJ not so sure about)...

Now you stated this player is very tight correct? Does a tight player like to call OOP? I mean 10s/9s/JJ (Yes), but not KK/QQ, and KQs/KQo they will call, and even 78s..

So basically if the range of hands we are about to give this player, and exclude from this player, his hand would basically boil down to (JJ/10s/9s/KQ/78/J10s/J10o), and including the fact that you min 3bet them preflop in position, gave them better price to call with that range of hands, thus leading me to think this player, couldn't have been all that tight in the first place (Unless I'm really ****ed up for thinking like this), but there's just no way this guy is tight...

Good fold on flop I agree with that, but better play in this type of a situation would've been to C/C down and re-evaluate on the turn and see how they act then, rather than the B/F line you took.

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the world will never know if you did the correct thing. It shows he mucked his hand. But i believe he paired a J, and had an open end straight draw or possibly a flush draw. Which is as good as a set there. You did not improve your aces, so i would have done exactly what you did and got away from the hand. You done what 99.99% of the average player can't do, fold aces. It seems like aces put most people in some kind of trance, oblivious to the value of them post-flop. Which drops dramatically after the flop, unless they are improved. Remember, a good player changes up his play, and the "tight" table image helps him do so. They will "steal' pots too.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can probably take KK out of his range as he probs 4bets/gii pre. QQ is obviously possible, but he'll be calling the flop with that I would have thought.

No one donk shoved.

In OP he clearly states that villain is tight/weak, so he's not bluffing here. We don't beat anything but a bluff imo.

lol

Agreed he doesn't have KK.

And yes I did get carried away ... good lol :)

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would have laid it down in that situation as well. Nice call.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ok..Well I really doubt KK is in there range for the simple reason that they didn't 4bet you (Unless KK is not a 4betting hand)? So we can safely assume to take KK out of the range there..

Also why didn't you 3bet heavier? You min 3bet them (Why)?

Now onto the hand (1 more thing, I'd like to touch up on), most players at this level (Majority of them), will 4bet JJ/QQ/KK), so I mean some of them wont, but Majority of them will (Atleast in the zooms I've been playing at that level)...So I personally am excluding KK/QQ (JJ not so sure about)...

Now you stated this player is very tight correct? Does a tight player like to call OOP? I mean 10s/9s/JJ (Yes), but not KK/QQ, and KQs/KQo they will call, and even 78s..

So basically if the range of hands we are about to give this player, and exclude from this player, his hand would basically boil down to (JJ/10s/9s/KQ/78/J10s/J10o), and including the fact that you min 3bet them preflop in position, gave them better price to call with that range of hands, thus leading me to think this player, couldn't have been all that tight in the first place (Unless I'm really ****ed up for thinking like this), but there's just no way this guy is tight...

Good fold on flop I agree with that, but better play in this type of a situation would've been to C/C down and re-evaluate on the turn and see how they act then, rather than the B/F line you took.

It wasn't really a min bet but it was a smaller re raise, I was trying to get action and possibly induce a 4 bet if villains hand was really strong, if villain hand isn't at the top of his range I didn't want him to fold, I wanted action out of him

I want to win the maximum with AA of course if I would have known the flop was going to come out so crappy I would of been happy with winning the minimum (lol)

Though I do wonder if I should have checked behind on the flop and I considered it before I bet but if I check and then he fires out on the turn I have no idea where I'm at in the hand and puts me in a tough spot on my turn and river decision.. At least that was my thought process during the hand..

I could be wrong that's why I posted this up to see what CC thought =)

W

Weisssound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That seems to me like a confident but inviting bet if he put you on high pairs, or AK. It's a risky bet if he's playing the river on a flush draw - an overbet really, so on a flush draw he'd probably have just called. On a straight, he also probably would have called or raised lighter to set a trap. For me, in that position, if I had trip 9s I'd be thinking I have advantage but don't want to risk the next streets giving you the better hand. I'd be looking to bet you off, but with a number where I wouldn't be mad if you called.

My guess, if he's tight and leans cautious he's doing a standard 3xBB from early position. That yells tens or nines to me, or he's varying his game a little and playing JT suited. Anyway you look at it he's got you beat. Good fold.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good fold. Wish I could do that on occasion.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
. Remember, a good player changes up his play, and the "tight" table image helps him do so. They will "steal' pots too.

That's true however down at these stakes it would be a bad play to try to steal pots for him at least in this spot because the majority of micro stakes players just don't fold if they get any piece of the board.

Or they will put good money in chasing after bad money

So unless he thought "I" will fold here I don't think he was stealing... if he was holy crap he just reversed, reversed , reversed me.. what a level

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you just make a good lay down. Hope to make more of those in the future.

C

carson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good fold

I think it was a good fold with that board for sure there were all kinds of hands that beet yours along with more draws. i think your reraise should have been all in. hes got you and everyone outstacked 3 to 1. you gave him value to call with almost any 2 cards even if he did raise with caca. by reraising you also gave him info on what your holding. So for a nominal fee(your small reraise) he can see the flop and possibly bust u if he hits. getting value is one thing giving it is another. Knowing hes tight and he is raising tells you he has a playable hand. If he is committing to raising there, then theres no reason why he would not call a small reraise with his stack. you gotta get value for your hand and raise enough to make it effect his stack and even if you do this it can still be a gamble since its preflop action. So ask yourself if he is calling a 90 cent raise if he is holding jacks? and Do you want to get involved in such a large pot preflop? especially with chip monger......So you go all in, would he call or let it go?..with jacks? I think your only true mistake was reraising to begin with, aces online? cumon maaan!!!! you may have saved yourself money there. ida probably got greedy, pushed all in hoping for a call and i probably would have got it and shipped my stack to the shill:eek:

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he probably hit his trips,9's 10's j's. good fold

Folding in Poker