ISOLATING WITH BIG PAIRS

R

rfdouggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a fact for me that betting big with hi pairs such as AA-KK-QQ-JJ is the only way to go. The more players in the hand the less chance you have of making it past the river to the pot-o-gold. The simple fact of poker life is there is no "perfect" way to play any hand at any given time, There are plus and minus arguements. For me limping has A certain appeal, but it seems that I do so at my peril because when I take the slow play-trapping route I always look down and see my foot is the one in the trap, and my chip stack is taking that SLIDE to the opponents chip stack. So betting large enough to get all the limpers out, but keeps the bigger draws in seems to be the way to go. But either strategy has it's inherent dangers.:eek:

J

Justboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are dead on! I use that strategy a lot too. Your chances of winning are definitely better if you limit the number of players in the hand!

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping with big pairs should be a rare event. I think Harrington limps with AA or KK maybe once out of every 10 or 12. I think his theory on that is more or less a matter of mixing up your betting so noone can put you on your hand. But, not trying to limit the field with a Big PP... ? You do that at your own risk.