Interested to hear further thoughts on Zoom play.

E

enesem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am taking a break from Zoom, I am more than making up for it in normal games.

@Iplay - possibly frustration, though for this hand I reckoned I was good, I figured he had a flush, though the FH didn't surprise me. I get the point about a smaller bet. Zoom messes me up as I can't get my head round the play, right now nothing works, like I say, whatever I try fails, so I do the opposite, I'll lose.

I'll come back to it later maybe.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Zoom, by it's nature runs real fast if you are multi tabling so shoving the flush was probably a reflex action for enesem, hesitate to long you are folded out.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am taking a break from Zoom, I am more than making up for it in normal games.

@Iplay - possibly frustration, though for this hand I reckoned I was good, I figured he had a flush, though the FH didn't surprise me. I get the point about a smaller bet. Zoom messes me up as I can't get my head round the play, right now nothing works, like I say, whatever I try fails, so I do the opposite, I'll lose.

I'll come back to it later maybe.

No, there was no point about a smaller bet, the point was to just flat call or fold to the river raise when there is a pair on board. Shoving is NEVER an option when you hold a flush in that situation NEVER. I personally don't mind your initial river bet because it would get paid off by trips, 2 pair or weaker flushes but when you get raised it is, flat call or fold, no shove option.

This advice applies to all forms of poker, 9max, 6max, heads up, tournaments, zoom, regular tables everything.

E

enesem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting article.

I don't agree I'm on entitlement tilt, though. If anything I am freely admitting that I am falling short on how to play zoom, tha fault is me, not the game.

If anything, I would say it was a combination of #1, "Running Bad Tilt" and #7, "Desperation Tilt".

I do feel that I have had a bad stretch of cards, and I also recognise I am returning to the tables to chase the losses.

It's an interesting article and useful to think of tilt on those levels.

For now, I am backing off Zoom, till I can get a better handle on it.

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can share my experience... I play zoom from day 1,i think i make more money in reg tables,and its easier to me noticing fish on reg table vs zoom...
In zoom there are a lot of nits that will wait AA or KK... Also if there is an aipf its usually pocket pair... I like to get into pot and wait to get my hands on set,str8 flush or similar rather than going in preflop...
Before i did push pp allin but i find i lose more money that way... Now i can only call someones shove with AA or KK,rest of hands i go to flop and than decide...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk
Exacly what I was trying to say. Some people seem to wait for prems and shove. Ofc if I get a good read I wont hesitate to play worse hands. One instance where I open QQ early, get 3-bet light by the CO and the blind shoves. Called him down and he shows AT.

You don't get the satisfaction like that in reg tables.