Input Please

M

mikey988

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Call me new if you want just answer please...
I've been playing a little while and I've been told by others that my Pre-flop hand requirements are good. Also my pre-flop bets and raises are aggressive, which is fine in my book, but now comes my problem. No matter the cards (I'm not talking about the nutz) post flop my play levels off. I needs a fixer. One of the toughest parts to me is judging if I have the hand or not. If I don't hit do I still have it?(the best hand) Also how aggressive should one be? and When should one give up and fold? I know I'm playing against more experienced players and I believe I'm taken advantage of. Which I know is the thing to do, but I don't want to be one of those. Who does?

One more...How do you deal with a hyper-aggressor who re-raises over the top every time, Is the all-in the only way to deal with it?

T

trubucsfan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
guy slow down and remember they are going to take advantage of your new ness its the game but you play what ya have and i personally am i new player but i don't see a strong hand or hit the flop i leave its better to me to lose a little and take back a lot later then to crush myself and play bingo to survive

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just about anyone who has been here a while has pretty much got the preflop part of the game figured out. It is post flop that poker is played. Lest that sounds a bit to flip, poker is so much more than just the cards. It is the folks sitting at the table, whether you can look into their eyes or not, it is them, and their devious shenanigans that makes the game interesting.

Possibly the best way to learn how to read online players is to play against the same group for a while. Just doing that give you, and gave me some idea of just what the anonymous online players may be up to. Playing against a totally new group of folks every time you sit down makes things a lot harder.

You need to test the bounds of your tablemates on occasion, you need to understand what someone has done to you, so you can both catch it next time, and do it to others.

The only time the cards matter in poker is often at showdown. I am absolutely sure I lay down winners all the time. I also occasionally make others laydown winners.

You might run across players known to be good post flop players. Perhaps they get better reads, or are more willing than you or I to put a bear hug on a player. The seem to specialize in making others uncomfortable. It is a mystique of poker.

Much of what you are looking for will evolve naturally with many hands played. Understand you will be up against players who could easily show you they have played 1 million hands. Many many many players have played many more than that.

Play lots of hands, and try lots of different things, take notes, and track your game somehow.