I'm sitting next to a goldmine.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the epitome of a loose-passive-weak player. Dear lord.

Check this one out (sorry for not converting it, but it's the conversation I want to display and that gets chopped out of hand converters)

pokerstars Game #5410243007: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2006/06/30 - 06:59:12 (ET)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to FPau [Ac] [As]
pokerchris80: folds
oztoz: folds
Lyndi45: calls $0.25
FPau: raises $0.75 to $1
SuperFruitig: folds
loulou272: calls $0.75
Lyndi45: calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [9s] [6d] [Qs]
loulou272: checks
Lyndi45: bets $6.50
FPau: calls $6.50
loulou272: folds

I had seen her do that before, that time with two pair. I get nervous, but if she has two pair, I have outs, and she might, just maybe, be getting out of line with top pair.

*** TURN *** [9s] [6d] [Qs] 9♣
Lyndi45: bets $35.90 and is all-in
FPau said, "Well that sucks."
Lyndi45 said, "fh"
Lyndi45 said, "pkt queens"
FPau said, "I'll believe you, too."
FPau: folds
Lyndi45 collected $15.35 from pot
Lyndi45: shows [Qc] [Qh] (a full house, Queens full of Nines)

FPau: AA.
Lyndi45: i dont bluff!!
Lyndi45: thsats why i went all in..ya wanna chase..you're gonna pay

Yeah, you don't want any chasers on that full house of yours. :)

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before someone tells me differently, this is not the hand that defines her as loose/passive. This is sort of the hand that explains the "weak" side of her though, as she fears getting even a full house drawn out.

She will call pot-sized bet to the river with inside straights, and she will not raise anything that isn't the nuts or near nuts. But she will call.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mark her down as a passive calling station unless she has the nuts or near the nuts

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, why did she wait until the river to make a raise? The only hand that could beat her is Pocket Nines. Actually, she should have checked on the turn and made a reasonable raise for value. Still, I had a feeling she had a set when she raised after the flop.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think t1riel meant to type "why DIDN'T she wait until the river to make a raise?" Makes the most sense to me.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This must have been her first day playing poker or something...people like this baffle me. . .someone needs to tell her that people chasing a worst hand than she already has, isn't really chasing to begin with. . .goldmine indeed. Buddy list that dummy...

Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
combuboom said:
I think t1riel meant to type "why DIDN'T she wait until the river to make a raise?" Makes the most sense to me.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry.

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know. I lost a huge pot to someone chasing quads. My QQQ99 to his 999QQ. When that forth 9 came I had to call and see what he had. J9 suited. He told me he figured he might get lucky. Besides it was only a 6x the BB raise and too suited cards aren't that bad a hand.
:withstupi

I look forward to out next encounter. He apparently loves one outers. Sure he will sting me from time to time. But, I will have his money in the long run.