• Thread starter Rational Madman
  • Start date
A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This text awed me deeply. It has everything in right place, and I still giggle after 15 minutes.

Aw, shucks now braveslice. :D

Madman, I'm not your enemy, I truly wish you well. And, as I've said before, it's impossible at this point for me to know whether you'll be a winning player someday. You're a bright guy, and you have a passion for the game. You just get in your own way sometimes.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, zoom poker is very interesting idea.

In general, zoom poker is very interesting idea. But what would it be worth to win in it only on nuts. Here you need to be patient and wait for good pairs, such as AA KK or QQ. It's very convenient, then the distribution happens very quickly, but it's very inconvenient that there are always different players at the tables, you do not have time to remember how people play, because you're kidding the hand out with new people

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please stop pushing this nonsense about playing only good cards in zoom. If you mean full ring, then obviously they are tight, because the whole idea is to be tight on early position. Good players have as wide ranges as 6max on later positions. Tight is right, but that translates for reasonable tags on 6max zoom playing around 18% - 24% of hands, on average, that means his blind ranges are again tight, but still around 35% - 42%

Just repeating shit over and over again does not make it correct

Let say you play only QQ+ that would translate 1.36 hands played per 100. During that time you would lose 25bb solely as a blind cost in 6max. And no way have you will win it back during those 1.36 hands.

So interestingly enough, the minimum % hands we need to play if we assume we win the blinds 6max every time we open is once per orbit, giving us minimum range of 16.67%

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are not entirely for dumber players but simply for players who prefer single tabling.

They also heavily mitigate the advantage that HUD abusers have over honest players.

How exactly are HUD users dishonest?
That's like saying live players are cheating when they use a read to extract money from a sucker.
Your theories are less Rational and more Madman

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They are not entirely for dumber players but simply for players who prefer single tabling.

You seem to have a knack for professing to know things but then show us by example that you know very little about what you're talking about.

On the ZOOM tables (or 'FastForward' ,or 'Speed', or 'RUSH', or 'SNAP', etc.) you'll find many of the players are multi-tabling. It's not unusual for them to be playing 4 tables at a time.

Also (imo), the skill level of play on the rush type format cash tables seems higher than the regular tables (at least in micro & low buyin levels).

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You seem to have a knack for professing to know things but then show us by example that you know very little about what you're talking about.

On the ZOOM tables (or 'FastForward' ,or 'Speed', or 'RUSH', or 'SNAP', etc.) you'll find many of the players are multi-tabling. It's not unusual for them to be playing 4 tables at a time.

Also (imo), the skill level of play on the rush type format cash tables seems higher than the regular tables (at least in micro & low buyin levels).
Absolutely incorrect on the last part. The fish are far more attracted to zoom format.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
How exactly are HUD users dishonest?
That's like saying live players are cheating when they use a read to extract money from a sucker.
Your theories are less Rational and more Madman
Brain vs software to outdo brain on multiple tables with memory from twenty days ago if seeing a player again.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm

Brain vs software to outdo brain on multiple tables with memory from twenty days ago if seeing a player again.

Kudos to anyone that can remember accurate online reads from 20 days ago with out software.
I get it though, you want online poker to be more like live poker, but it's just a completely different game. Even so, poker has always been won by edges that some players have against the rest of the field. Online poker is no different. If you choose to truly better yourself and maybe have a chance of competing at the highest levels, shouldn't you use everything at your disposal? It's not like only some people has access to HUDs, anyone can use them, even you.
I feel like what you are doing is handicapping yourself more than anything.