I need help, BR dying rapidly.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think taking a break might be a good idea indeed,
It's just that because of not having school I don't have anything to do right now (my friends all still have to go to school) So I'm geting out as much as I can, but I'm still sitting home a lot of the time.

How about maybe playing PLO for a week? Is that the same as getting my mind of of the grinding?
Take time off. Even the mind needs rest some times. If you miss poker just watch some training videos but stop playing for a little. Things will become clearer after the break.

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again, I agree with taking a break, but if I take a break, is playing PLO a bad idea?

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The issue is with your decision making. Impatience leading to errors of judgement. In no way is that exclusive to NLHE. So yes, due to the mistakes your making it will no doubt affect a different type of poker just the same as NLHE.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO is reasonable idea.
There is more action, less tight ppl.
But you will have much harder time to find enough info about playing PLO on web sites like this. There is much less strategy articles for PLO.

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, I played a 1.5 hour session and showed a small profit, at least I didn't make any major mistakes,
I found this book "How I made My first million from poker" which focuses on the mental game and is really easy to read through.
We're actually going to move this weekend, so I'm going to finish the book and not play any more poker the next couple of days,
Thanks for the tips and advice guys!

One more thing, did I make any mistakes in this hand I just played? 3-handed, no stats on villain.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($30.66)
SB ($62.71)
Hero (BB) ($62.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8
heart.gif
, 9
diamond.gif

1 fold, SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.65) 6
club.gif
, 8
spade.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

Turn: ($3.65) 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($8.65) 7
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $8, Hero calls $8

Total pot: $24.65 | Rake: $1

hopedieslast

hopedieslast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok u need an adrenaline shot, ghostmode, and a medikit and you'll be back on the tables :D

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not good enough, move down.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only this but also keep a stop loss. Online poker strangely can be brutal during downswings.
Not just directed at you but just every one who recamend stop losses.
Do you constantly keep track of if your ups/downs during seasons?
Because to me checking results mid game,monitoring graph,cashier ect is a unnecessary distraction, and potentially tilting.

when im playing ring I usually play 4-12 tables at a time and stack them and after if made a decision in a hand a new one usually pops up and I have no idea what the results of the last hand was.
Hell I often have no idea if im winning or losing until after I stop playing and check pt4 to go over and mark hands.

So people who have stop loses, how do you monitor this? And do you not worry about it possibly putting you on tilt/reverse tilt?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because to me checking results mid game,monitoring graph,cashier ect is a unnecessary distraction, and potentially tilting.

when im playing ring I usually play 4-12 tables at a time and stack them and after if made a decision in a hand a new one usually pops up and I have no idea what the results of the last hand was.
Hell I often have no idea if im winning or losing until after I stop playing and check pt4 to go over and mark hands.

So people who have stop loses, how do you monitor this? And do you not worry about it possibly putting you on tilt/reverse tilt?

SL's get nearly impossible when we have auto top off involved. For that reason, I do not use it (auto top off), even tho it makes sense to use it. Multi table and auto-top off and we can not keep up with it.

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
try playing a live game, you see so few hands compared to olp that you will find yourself paying attention to the other more important things and not just what 2 cards did i get dealt.i believe thats the worst habit multi table players develop is they depend on the luck of the deal and draw.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Basically S93 it comes down to how much a person has lost /is losing during a game thats supposed to be fun. If it exceeds a certain limit wherein you are losing an amount that begins to affect your life then a stop needs to be put to it. Discipline is important when it comes to money. You are the best judge of how much you can afford to stake on a game of cards.