I need advice(Mid-high stakes crushers)

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there are some mid stakes(or higher stakes) crusher online player, please reply to this post or private message me. I expect your reply if you are grinding/playing regular some NL25 and above stakes online and just descriptiong of your rating of "what is happening right now on "x" stakes" you playing.

Over the year I was just observing different poker tematics, videos/streams of mtt/cash games, was playing freerolls with some decent income from it but never tried to play some mtt/cash for regular. Regular cashouts, gambling, etc. Right now I am studying spots, high stakes hands, checking out some youtube vod's and forum blogs of some regulars who got to highstakes last years.
The fields are tuffer year after year, and especially in microstakes with higher rake ever, I need to move up though limits. And the most inspiring thing in poker(except money winnings), is to become better and tuff opponent for regulars and crush everybody.

Maybe I am wrong, but it looks like, when I observe nl25-50 or even above games(not zoom), there are passive regulars who just playing against "target" and just play "fair" poker with each other. And 1-2% of the pool(maybe more) are just making hell every spot with them, and crush. They(passive regulars) still somehow winning few bb/100 because of regular "tourists", but the crusher gets alot more.

I am inspired of results of "bosses" who are playing high stakes last years, and I see that their success is alot of work on the game, and of course alot of pracitce.

I find out that the most important thing in poker, that there is fixed amount of combinations/cards, and we always forget about it. We don't understund our hand's equity correctly in spots. Right now I know that concentration and spot analizing is the best way to get volume of hands, just through enjoying the game.

My goal is to study more, and to climb the limits, don't cashout anything and become nl25-100 grinder I think in 2019 cash games will became alot tuffer because of info that we have from high stakes hands analize. Maybe not, anyway always someone retire/move up/ etc., but maybe this can be the last years possible when you can fast climb the limits, but for sure it is possible this year.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My goal is to study more, and to climb the limits, don't cashout anything and become nl25-100 grinder I think in 2019 cash games will became alot tuffer because of info that we have from high stakes hands analize. .

I think there's always been information available for those who really want to seek it out. Prior to the free availability of twitch streaming, youtube vids, etc., players could still find some free content but if they were willing to pay a small amount of money, they could join a number of training sites online (there used to be many of them... ie. pokerXfactor).
Game has always been getting tougher over time. It especially became more difficult after the USA players were no longer able to play on most sites. This eliminated a large number of recreational/ gambling-type players. At the same time, the micro players from Russia, Ukraine, etc. became much better.
Also, with online poker pre-2010 (in my country, canada) there was great excitement generated with televised poker events, LOTS of poker site advertising on TV... & lots of new players willing to deposit a few dollars online to have some fun trying out 'Online Poker'. After a number of incidents, bad publicity, no advertising, sites shutting down, US players no longer playing, those same recreational types are less inclined to drop their dollars onto the sites.

As far as watching high stakes and then trying to apply this knowledge to micro stakes tables... this won't always work out so well. It is beneficial to work on the 'thinking'... the process of working through hands, etc. but when (or IF) we start thinking on level 2 or level 3 while our opponents are only thinking on level 1 (or maybe not thinking at all, lol)... then we are essentially levelling ourselves. We need to adjust our thinking based on how we think our opponents are thinking.

Good luck on your journey. How is it going so far?

(I came to this thread /post after getting into a hand vs. you in the CC freeroll today. I couldn't understand how you could make that river call in that spot. I actually thought I was playing my hand 'face up'... with being OOP and hoping to eek out a bit of value. I only thought I'd be getting value from a 9.... pretty sure I never bet that spot with Ace high even.)

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there's always been information available for those who really want to seek it out. Prior to the free availability of twitch streaming, youtube vids, etc., players could still find some free content but if they were willing to pay a small amount of money, they could join a number of training sites online (there used to be many of them... ie. pokerXfactor).
Game has always been getting tougher over time. It especially became more difficult after the USA players were no longer able to play on most sites. This eliminated a large number of recreational/ gambling-type players. At the same time, the micro players from Russia, Ukraine, etc. became much better.
Also, with online poker pre-2010 (in my country, Canada) there was great excitement generated with televised poker events, LOTS of poker site advertising on TV... & lots of new players willing to deposit a few dollars online to have some fun trying out 'Online Poker'. After a number of incidents, bad publicity, no advertising, sites shutting down, US players no longer playing, those same recreational types are less inclined to drop their dollars onto the sites.

As far as watching high stakes and then trying to apply this knowledge to micro stakes tables... this won't always work out so well. It is beneficial to work on the 'thinking'... the process of working through hands, etc. but when (or IF) we start thinking on level 2 or level 3 while our opponents are only thinking on level 1 (or maybe not thinking at all, lol)... then we are essentially levelling ourselves. We need to adjust our thinking based on how we think our opponents are thinking.

Good luck on your journey. How is it going so far?

(I came to this thread /post after getting into a hand vs. you in the CC freeroll today. I couldn't understand how you could make that river call in that spot. I actually thought I was playing my hand 'face up'... with being OOP and hoping to eek out a bit of value. I only thought I'd be getting value from a 9.... pretty sure I never bet that spot with Ace high even.)

Hello brother. Thank you for a reply. I am started watching and learning replays/analises/ of MTT and high stakes cash games players again and now I am literally feel how is this actually need concentration and brain-speed to fast manage ranges and everything that is into all complex perspective. Now I know the way I should work and how it works and I am enjoying poker right now that I was never did.

About the hand we played: I forgot situation replayer works bad at my PC, so I forgot the action, that was 3 way pot. All I remember that you did a bet on a turn, and river paired 9, then I was thinking that maybe you could bet turn to get out my A highs that beat your broadway/gutters/oesd or get value with pairs from my q10 kq , hard to remember right now. Actually today I am first time playing maximum 2-3 tournaments and trying to feel deeply opponents and hands. Looking today Jamie Staples with Bencb review and thoughts about the way of thinking, and now I know how to. It is not easy but it is so interesting, i love it. Now I am thinking to grind freerolls at CC and then transist to MTT's when I will have bankroll to play the 0.5% per tourney of BR investment. Oh, forgot the main thing that moved me finally to work hard , I watched ALL in PAV's interview with Joey Ingram, watched his replays on youtube and stream. Now I am into the game. Thank you for a reply again. Do you playing online/live something ?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is great to hear your enthusiasm!! It reminds me of myself.
I am trying to get motivated to play more & possibly give some MTT's a go again.

These days I play mostly micro / low stakes cash online, $1/$2 Live cash & a number of low buyin local Tournaments (there is at least one per week now where I live, each game within 50 to 75km from where I live).

I used to study MTT's a lot. (also SNG's). But for the last 4yrs. it has been mostly cash. I just don't typically have the time to sit down & play tournaments :( ... But I am wanting to.

Currently am making plans to go play at wsop. I need to get a bunch of work done at home first... but it might be possible. Fingers crossed.

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am trying to get motivated to play more & possibly give some MTT's a go again.

These days I play mostly micro / low stakes cash online, $1/$2 Live cash & a number of low buyin local Tournaments (there is at least one per week now where I live, each game within 50 to 75km from where I live).

I used to study MTT's a lot. (also SNG's). But for the last 4yrs. it has been mostly cash. I just don't typically have the time to sit down & play tournaments :( ... But I am wanting to.

Currently am making plans to go play at WSOP. I need to get a bunch of work done at home first... but it might be possible. Fingers crossed.

Yeah I feel you. When you want to do not 1 thing but a bunch of and you enjoy them all, it is always not enough time to some job :D But it is very good we have motivation. I am learning playing piano right now, so don't know how it will be going into future, anyway cash games grind requires alot of time, looks like similar to mtts.

The one thing I need to learn for sure is ICM. I mean deep knowledge. Even if we are with 8 fishes on final table anyway I can't call in some spots some shoves for some BB's etc.

Edit: right now I am so mad about partypoker, it looks like my internet isn't lagging but at final table and through tourney I just folded alot of premium hands and on 3max on final table . Got 22 ticket but this site is lagging today and lagging yesterday same stuff, I hate when this happens so much :D. Also just understood how it is easy to be successive in poker or something else: just work hard.

Last edited:
vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Currently am making plans to go play at WSOP. I need to get a bunch of work done at home first... but it might be possible. Fingers crossed.

Also Imagine my story: I started realize that freerolls at CC is nuts and good opportunity to make bankroll and grow, but I made around few thousands and broke several times because of life withdrawals and PLO gamble. Now just starting almost from zero because don't want count last money as bankroll and you know what, I forgot about PartyPoker Sunday Saturday freeroll after it became 1$, now I checked what it is and it is totally nuts. I am thinking about difference on PS under 1 dollar buy-in and PartyPoker. Looks like PP has less fields and it is +EV.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would not recommend anything to fancy at 25nl, all players are level 1 thinking, I had a bad case of fancy play syndrome, got screwed to many times....Would pick up poker tracker 4 review hands takes time litteraly years