I lost not a problem as usuall.. but would anybody do this?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table: 4540210 (real money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 1 - KAFL ($1290 in chips)
Seat 2 - MOJO1970 ($1950 in chips)
Seat 3 - LITTLEMOUSE ($540 in chips)
Seat 5 - SUBTLEBYTCH ($1650 in chips)
Seat 6 - TRISH41203 ($2790 in chips)
Seat 7 - LARA001 ($2160 in chips)
Seat 8 - JOEBEETS55 ($1425 in chips)
Seat 9 - TWIZZYBOP ($1695 in chips)
TRISH41203 - Posts small blind $15
LARA001 - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [6d Kd]
JOEBEETS55 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $30
KAFL - Folds
MOJO1970 - Calls $30
LITTLEMOUSE - Folds
SUBTLEBYTCH - Raises $120 to $120
TRISH41203 - Calls $105
LARA001 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $90
MOJO1970 - Calls $90
*** FLOP *** [8c Ks 8s]
TRISH41203 - Checks
TWIZZYBOP - Checks
MOJO1970 - Checks
SUBTLEBYTCH - Bets $720
TRISH41203 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $720
MOJO1970 - Folds
*** TURN *** [8c Ks 8s] [8h]
TWIZZYBOP - Checks
SUBTLEBYTCH - Checks
*** RIVER *** [8c Ks 8s 8h] [9h]
TWIZZYBOP - Bets $510
SUBTLEBYTCH - All-In(Raise) $810 to $810
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $300
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SUBTLEBYTCH - Shows [8d 5d] (Four of a kind, eights)
TWIZZYBOP - Mucks
SUBTLEBYTCH Collects $3570 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($3570)
Board [8c Ks 8s 8h 9h]
Seat 1: KAFL Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 2: MOJO1970 Folded on the FLOP
Seat 3: LITTLEMOUSE Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: SUBTLEBYTCH (dealer) won Total ($3570) All-In HI:($3570) with Four of a kind, eights [8d 5d - B:8s,B:8h,P:8d,B:8c,B:Ks]
Seat 6: TRISH41203 (small blind) Folded on the FLOP
Seat 7: LARA001 (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: JOEBEETS55 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: TWIZZYBOP HI: [Mucked] [6d Kd]

Reasoning of why this person did this.. She said she had position.. Ok granted she was on the button but pre-flop raise with those cards? How many people would actually do such a thing early on in the game? Or actually at all? Me personally if I am on the Button I would like to have something decent if I am going to do a pre-flop raise. Yet to raise with those 2 cards and hope like hell that a flop like this come is totally nuts.

Its like someone trying to blind steal with those cards cause they have position. Besides mixing it up now and then.. I just can't see the justification in doing such a thing with those cards. Maybe someone else with more knowledge could explain or help me figure out why.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twizzy, I did a reply like this on one of Irish Dave's threads. It certainly looks like a moronic play, and early on in the game is not the place, but as I said to him, unless the cards are shown down to showdown you'd never have known what she was holding! For arguements sake, if the flop had missed her but also missed other callers, then as the only person who had shown strength, a subsequent bet could take pot down. I know you're not supposed to steal from early position, but if everybody believes that, then someone raising early isn't stealing are they ;).

I sometimes try this, later in a tournament maybe after a very cold period of cards - if you actually hit the flop then so much the better, but making the odd play every now and then (even losing ones) keeps you on the radar, and gives you some action when you eventually get a biggie.

Just playing Devil's Advocate (again) - can't really defend her play in this hand, but as i said on Dave's thread, maybe she did have a plan (albeit misguided) and wasn't playing like a moron? (at least she didn't say "Gus Hansen would have made that play").

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And......

Your play was pretty poor too! $120 bucks in with K6 - you would have lost to K + bigger kicker if the 4th 8 didn't flop, and the other 8 was unaccounted for (her bet after flop was much too big!). Do you agree?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL OK rob.. fair enough.. I was just wondering.. I sat here baffled as all heck to why?..

You are right though about the Gus Hanson ... You still have to wonder at times what is going through someone's head when they do something like that. Not that I haven't done a moronic play and got lucky with it either but I do admit all the time when the luck bug hits me. Reason because you can't plan luck but you can plan your skill, knowledge and strategy.

bigjace

bigjace

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
And......

Your play was pretty poor too! $120 bucks in with K6 - you would have lost to K + bigger kicker if the 4th 8 didn't flop, and the other 8 was unaccounted for (her bet after flop was much too big!). Do you agree?

I think this is a worse play than hers mate.:confused:

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
And......

Agreed I shouldn't have been in the hand in the 1st place. That was my mistake and main reason why I lost. Playing a hand I shouldn't have in the 1st place.(my moronic move). Most of the time.. I dump that hand.. Lesson for others to see as well.. Playing a hand one shouldn't be playing.

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, your 1st play to call with K6s early tourney is ok, only 30 chips, worth seeing the flop. However, with the BB making a 4xBB raise and with 1 guy calling, plus with you in an early position, you should really have folded

You hit the flop pretty good, as good as could be hoped with you calling preflop.

Not too sure why you check with the boat on the turn, I would be betting out here, trying to find out where I am in the hand. If I come into a raise then you gotta figure he has AA or an 8. By checking the turn you are giving your opponent the opportunity to go all in on the river, giving you no option but to call

Put yourself in your opponents position just for a second....what do you figure YOU have? You are calling down and raising with a K888 flop? He must put you on a K, as he has the 8, yet he is rasing YOU all in.

this is a tough hand to put down and 9 times outta 10 you would be either taking down the pot from here or worst way a split

Why would he raise with 8 5s? Well its a stupid play, simple as that. Sure he may figure you guys are weak as you only limped, but few players are going to lay down to such a small raise early tourney. If I am going to push in this position I will make a bigger raise and push out the limpers.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now to answer colin why I did what I did after the flop.. Smooth called all the way.. Most of the time when a pre-flop raise happens is with a top 10 hand.. So what can beat me out of those top 10 are.. A,K.. KK's.. and AA's. with the remote possibility of 8's.. I have now a 60% chance of hoping they don't have those hands. Couldn't possibly put them on 8,5 suited.. so smooth called it all the way down.. I did have a full house no matter what after the turn.. Only hands to beat me now are AA's or 88's.. 80% chance they don't have those hands..

But like previously said.. I was playing a hand I shouldn't have been playing especially on a pre flop raise... Limping in with I did.. I usually fold that hand if I don't hit any of the flop after a limp in

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table: 4540210 (Real Money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 1 - KAFL ($1290 in chips)
Seat 2 - MOJO1970 ($1950 in chips)
Seat 3 - LITTLEMOUSE ($540 in chips)
Seat 5 - SUBTLEBYTCH ($1650 in chips)
Seat 6 - TRISH41203 ($2790 in chips)
Seat 7 - LARA001 ($2160 in chips)
Seat 8 - JOEBEETS55 ($1425 in chips)
Seat 9 - TWIZZYBOP ($1695 in chips)
TRISH41203 - Posts small blind $15
LARA001 - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [6d Kd]
JOEBEETS55 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $30 - Fold preflop!
KAFL - Folds
MOJO1970 - Calls $30
LITTLEMOUSE - Folds
SUBTLEBYTCH - Raises $120 to $120
TRISH41203 - Calls $105
LARA001 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $90 - I said fold preflop! :p
MOJO1970 - Calls $90
*** FLOP *** [8c Ks 8s]
TRISH41203 - Checks
TWIZZYBOP - Checks - Bet here, then you're more aware of a problem if you get raised then if someone bets out possibly on the steal or possibly with cards.
MOJO1970 - Checks
SUBTLEBYTCH - Bets $720 - This crazy overbet is only getting called by a better hand (err, most of the time).
TRISH41203 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $720 - Push or fold, usually fold depending on reads (what has captain donk overbet massively with before? etc)
MOJO1970 - Folds
*** TURN *** [8c Ks 8s] 8♥
TWIZZYBOP - Checks
SUBTLEBYTCH - Checks - Just push.
*** RIVER *** [8c Ks 8s 8h] 9♥
TWIZZYBOP - Bets $510 - Pot is huge, just push if you're going to call a raise anyway.
SUBTLEBYTCH - All-In(Raise) $810 to $810
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $300
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SUBTLEBYTCH - Shows [8d 5d] (Four of a kind, eights)
TWIZZYBOP - Mucks
SUBTLEBYTCH Collects $3570 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($3570)
Board [8c Ks 8s 8h 9h]
Seat 1: KAFL Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 2: MOJO1970 Folded on the FLOP
Seat 3: LITTLEMOUSE Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: SUBTLEBYTCH (dealer) won Total ($3570) All-In HI$3570) with Four of a kind, eights [8d 5d - B:8s,B:8h,P:8d,B:8c,B:Ks]
Seat 6: TRISH41203 (small blind) Folded on the FLOP
Seat 7: LARA001 (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: JOEBEETS55 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: TWIZZYBOP HI: [Mucked] [6d Kd]

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL ok.. ok shoot me allready.. I was in a dead hand.. all I was wondering is why the pre flop raise?

I love all your answers.. and analogy of such a tough hand cause of the flop...

Hang me and string me up allready.. :)

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trying not to laugh but I am getting shamed.. and having fun doing it.. its a hand definatly to remember...Maybe I should play more piss poorly .. it is a hand definatly worth the archives :)