How should i play this ???

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu, we differ. Everyone here can speak for themselves. Lets put this to bed.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu. I think that we differ. Everyone here can speak for themselves. Lets put this to bed.

Ok now I'm thoroughly confused.

From what you just wrote, you may or may not be trying to have some kind of argument with me.

I am genuinely trying to help you.

Its good to question things but as this is a forum, if you want to question things you have to do most of the leg work yourself. You cant expect people to write increasingly more detailed explanations until you understand whats being said. Forums dont work that way and you wont get the most from them if you try to use them like that.

The concepts being discussed are certainly new to you and I fully appreciate they are confusing at first. However its not rocket science.

Taking this topic as the example, people are saying to add 1BB/limper. Its not difficult. Ultimately 63 posts later you are going to conclude that what was said at first was entirely correct and thats what you should be doing.

People will gladly give you pointers, but unless you fully explain why you disagree its impossible to give you a satisfactory answer; because we dont know why you disagree (especially when we also know the advice is 100% correct).

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, if you take those 17 words as anything but me trying to diffuse a clash then yes, you are confused. I am not trying to argue with you, quite the opposite. But you say that I seem to 'disagree with everything thats said and really offer little explanation as to why' This is utterly ridiculous.

I ask a lot. Sometimes the answers that I get just don't make sence. If I disagree or ask for clarification I always explain my thinking to the contrary. It just seems to me that you see this as a sign of disrespect or strangely, laziness. Noone else has taken issue with me!

I put it to you that its infact you that appears to crave confrontaion, or at least has to have the last word.

I do a lot or legwork. I am relatively new here but have started many interesting threads. I am not here just to take.

I will add 1bb per limper. But I will continue to question. And this will be the last 5 minutes that I will waste quarreling with you.

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, if you take those 17 words as anything but me trying to diffuse a clash then yes, you are confused. I am not trying to argue with you, quite the opposite. But you say that I seem to 'disagree with everything thats said and really offer little explanation as to why' This is utterly ridiculous.

I ask a lot. Sometimes the answers that I get just don't make sence. If I disagree or ask for clarification I always explain my thinking to the contrary. It just seems to me that you see this as a sign or disrespect or strangely, laziness. Noone else has taken issue with me!

I put it to you that its infact you that appears to crave confrontaion, or at least has to have the last word.

I do a lot or legwork. I am relatively new here but have started many interesting threads. I am not here just to take.

I will add 1bb per limper. But I will continue to question. And this will be the last 5 minutes that I will waste quarreling with you.

You really haven't understood what I wrote.

You must fully explain why you disagree.

Its fine to disagree but its difficult to help you if we dont know why you disagree.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL

I take it you deleted that post because you do in fact want help.

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted that in anger. An unhelpful emotional responce.
Makes you feel better though quoting me doesn't it.
Man you are hilarious!

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted that in anger. An unhelpful emotional responce.
Makes you feel better though quoting me doesn't it.
Man you are hilarious!

I truly dont know what you are getting angry about.

I usually quote people. I find it adds to the coherence of the post.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frank, I do not think Stu was trying to argue with you. All he is saying is if you disagree you should say why, that way he can help you understand what he is saying more.

To the OP I would call and see the flop here, then based on the flop if no over cards raise, prob lose my stack to KK and reload.

Actually re-reading it his re-raise to me screams AA or KK, I would prob fold and observe his play more, if he was bluffing he will do it again and you can make a move then.

Last edited:
D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frank, I do not think Stu was trying to argue with you. All he is saying is if you disagree you should say why, that way he can help you understand what he is saying more.

To the OP I would call and see the flop here, then based on the flop if no over cards raise, prob lose my stack to KK and reload.

I think it is transparently obvious that Stu was trying to goad me, and to my discredit he succeeded. I think this says more about him than it does me. I guess some people just clash. Life would be very boring if you got along with everbody wouldn't it! I will keep out of his way and hope he can do the same as I have no interest in continuing any dialogue with him.

Perhaps I should be clearer and take extra effort to explain when I ask a question and disagree with the answers that I am given.

Like poker. A learning experience.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is transparently obvious that Stu's was trying to goad me, and to my discredit he succeeded. I think this says more about him than it does me. I guess some people just clash. Life would be very boring if you got along with everbody wouldn't it! I will keep out of his way and hope he can do the same as I have no interest in contunuing any dialogue with him.

Perhaps I should be clearer and make extra effort to explain when I ask a question and disagree with the answers I am given.

Like poker. A learning experience.

?????????????

wow

Asking Frank to explain why he disagrees with something so we can better explain it constitutes goading?

Explaining how best to use a forum constitutes goading?

Offering Frank decent poker advice constitutes goading?

... and it turns out all this was part of a plan to discredit him which, apparently, worked.

Don't worry Frank I shall goad you no longer.

Just wow really

pickup

pickup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have a full stack at a 9 player cash game and dealt :qd4: :qc4: utg you raise 3x BB prflp .. Everyone folds but the BB , he has only been at the table a couple hands so no reads on him,he also has a full stack and he reraises 3x your bet ?? Do you,

A.) Call him and see a flop ?? and what if a Ace or King hits ???
B.) Shove back at him with the rest of your stack ??
C.) Fold ??

What's the correct play:dontknow:

In this situation I am always 4 betting around 3-4x to get all the money in pre-flop, you should not just call if you think your opponent has A/K, you should just try to win the pot pre-flop, or get it all in with a 4 bet, and folding QQ preflop is only done against players who you have either a lot of history against, or have some kind of sick read... although I know I am never folding QQ pre-flop, thats just me

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did shove all-in back at him he called with pocket :as4: :ah4: :viking: and they of course held up. I think b) to call see the flop and in position to fold or call if A or k hit would have been the best idea and cheaper maybe .. Oh well, i appreciate all the input from everyone .
Thanks Chris

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uh, guys, how about quitting the derail please, this isn't really addressing OP's question anymore.

Frank, fwiw, Stu's tone may appear confrontational, but from long experience reading his posts, I'm certain he does not intend to be confrontational, simply direct and to the point. And, fwiw, I find your posts to be thoughtful and good as well.

/derail please