How to play AQ???

Ricardo007

Ricardo007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today playing a freeroll I went in three all in with AQ lady and I lost in the three, my luck and that was with enough chips

B

Benego

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback guys! It really means a lot to me. Lately i've been studying only because I was having some issues and didn't feel like playing poker... I don't know
But i've been watching a lot of videos and streams, i could share something interesting when i catch more time
Thank you once again!
Ps.
I feel a lot better now and I think that i will play these days... Can't get that momentum going :/

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ is one of those hands that in most cases either dominate or only have a coin toss to win.
Not many players will raise and reraise with just AJ, which is one of the few hands in which ace and queen are clear favorites to win. At large tables, you can expect opponents to have stronger hands more often, so AQ usually folds, especially in big tournaments.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play AQ either with a raise or with an all in if you don't risk you don't win, or you win and double or you lose and that's it.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play AQ in early position. Otherwise you are putting yourself at too big risk. You can easily gamble away your entire stack if your opponent has AK and an ace comes on the flop. I never play AQ against a raise, even if I'm in late position. Unless your opponent only made a minraise. Then I play AQ aggressively and 3-bet. In late position you can better control the pot and better assess where you are.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting, however reality is 95% of players think its a monster. I just raised UTG with QQ only for villain in mid position to jam, he was a pretty aggro player so I called his 15BB shove as I was 35bb deep only to find AQoff. Flop gave him trip As. On checking his stats out, he is ranked in the top 2% on Stars with over $100k earnings in the last 120 days.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting, however reality is 95% of players think its a monster. I just raised UTG with QQ only for villain in mid position to jam, he was a pretty aggro player so I called his 15BB shove as I was 35bb deep only to find AQoff. Flop gave him trip As. On checking his stats out, he is ranked in the top 2% on Stars with over $100k earnings in the last 120 days.