how to play against loose players

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm one of those LAG players and the way you play against me is quite simple really.
Fold to me because I'm always betting the nuts;)

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i've been lot of times in a situation that i have for example A10 i raise 3x and 1 or 2 players call (normally call whit marginak hands ir something like Q10, K9). the problem is when you only get high card at flop and even more if they bet , it's hard to read hands of loose (or Lag) players they can win whit any pair. so what do you do?

Don't play (A,T) out of the #1 hole, even at six max if you know it's likely you're gonna get called. This is one of those hands that look better than they really are. What are you trying to hit on the flop? Unless the flop comes specifically: (K,Q,J) any straight draw you hit will be a gutter ball, and that flop will look very threatening. Two pairs -- especially if it's top and bottom -- is going to present the threat of straights and/or higher two pairs. Any ace will leave you with a problematic kicker, and a TPTK will be vulnerable to overcards, and the medium cards below a ten could mean straight draws are out. (A,T-s) isn't that much better as you flop a flush once out of every ~119 times you try it. You'll flop a NFD once in ~9 attempts, and then you still have to bink a flush card.

I'll pass (A,T) up front unless I'm putting in a loose raise to take advantage of a nitty image after running so card dead I haven't played a pot in several orbits, and then I'm looking to lock up the blinds.

is it worth to raise preflop against these players or i have to wait for high pairs to play? but this is a problem if you 6max by the way i'm playing 6max in intertops basically because is hard to find a 9max table active.
Your opening range should start out narrow up front and widen as your position improves. With calls waiting behind you, you need to nit it up out of the #1 and #2 holes.

You should also try to figure out what their ranges are likely to be when they 3! That means you'll have to put in a few light 4!s yourself. Laggy games are higher variance, and that means more coin flips when you 4!-jam with (A,K) for example. You will have to stack off with pocket queens or even jacks and flip for stacks. Your only other alternative is to look for more weak/tight players who will let you reduce that variance.

T

the0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you should play aggressive yourself, without regard to position so much.

Z

zawvc1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play using skill since loose players depend on luck to win. it is best to have luck and skill.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play using skill since loose players depend on luck to win. it is best to have luck and skill.

Not necessarily, remember you have your "maniac" loose players and then you have your "solid" loose players... there's a BIG difference between the two... i'm assuming you mean the former... :)

C

chemdawg42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they're loose and aggressive just open way stronger holdings so they'll bluff / call against your stronger hands. If they notice you doing this and adjust then you're winning because you're forcing them to bluff less and call less of their marginal value hands.