How to play against aggressive fish?

A

AcesUp747

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems pretty obvious. Wait until you have strong hands and push them hard. On decent hands like top pair types, check-call and let him bet for you.

P

pokerboss56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sit and nut peddle and 3bet big with premiums pre

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very dismissive to assume they are fish just because they have a winder range than you, perhaps they are just leveling you.

You have given no evidence to back up your statement that they are a fish, in fact it is to the contrary.

Playing wide ranges doesnt make you a fish, any more than playing tight ranges makes you solid.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to play tight but try to get involved in cheap flops. dont make c bets, bluff or semi bluff .just wait to get a good hand, and extract value for it.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very dismissive to assume they are fish just because they have a winder range than you, perhaps they are just leveling you.

You have given no evidence to back up your statement that they are a fish, in fact it is to the contrary.

Playing wide ranges doesnt make you a fish, any more than playing tight ranges makes you solid.
This.
In my opinion he is a stronger player. The reason is in the first post. Q4o and K3o are in the range of a verry bad player. Playing that kind of trash it is a range of a 60 VPIP Fish. If i was the opponent i would thank GOD to have met you at the tables. I would play anything that has the pottential to flop nice and at the first opportunity i would take your stack without too many concerns that you could fight back . It is just a matter of time.
So what looks like and agressive fish might be a good player that knows what he is doing.
I am not a english native so i do not understand perfectly. If the opponnet is the one with Q4 and K3o than you have to do the other way around. Isolate him IP with anything that has the pottential to flop nice. Suited cards, Aces with decent kickers, pocket pairs are this type of cards. When he shoves reevaluat your hand before calling. You need a stronger hand to call thaqn to raise. While top pair is good to valuebet against him , it is not that great to call a shove especially when you are both deep. 3-bet him with top pair , do not 3-bet with a weak draws. Do not call all the way with dumb hands like A high or gutshot.

Last edited:
Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure when I play 2NL all the regs think I'm a tard :D

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're against agressive fish then it's best to wait for strong hands and make him/her pay. Real fish doesn't even care or notice you're super tight player so they'll call your raise no matter what, I wouldn't worry about that.... Of course, sometimes they get lucky and catch card on the river, but in the long run they'll lose and I personally love sitting at one table with players like that.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to give you the advice not to call when you floped some suited cards, because you can loose a lot of money against agressive players when the river is not on your side. Just wait, i know someone else can beat him before you, but its better than too loose.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not forget that at the beginning of the low entry tournaments, most fish go all in with any hand, so you have to let it eliminate between them and wait for strong hands to extract the money ..

odomazetov

odomazetov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest i've been shoved a lot of times from this type of players.
I remember One donk goes all in every hand , from the start of the 5000$ VIp player Tournament i dont remember platform where we playing nevermind. I got my TT handed , and i calling into my self please fishy go all IN , and as the previous hand he goes all in and i called , he got straight with 5 6 offsuite. But the problem is that this player already shoved 3-4 players before , because i was out i dont want to follow to see how he will play the rest of the MTT.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They represent a continuous stream of aggression. Their favorite move is reraising.

When it reaches the uplift, everything that moves is crushed. If you are unlucky and you stumble upon a maniac on a good day for him, you can only sympathize. For this, they are most disliked by professional poker players.

Weaknesses: illogical distance play.

How to beat a maniac: strong hand, slow play.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can just drop and endure, wait for a good hand. Then equalize and wait for a bluff with a big bet or Allin from such a player.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, yesterday I had the "luck" on the micro tables meet the aggressive fish. The increase in pre-flop with hands like Q4o, K3o and other cost me a lot of blind ... I can ask to play against such a fish that has luck on his hand and is able to go all-in with two pair?

Sometimes u just can't win. I had the same Fish sitting to my right I was patiently waiting for the chance to Pounce on him.

Finnnnnallly after what seemed to be ages I'm looking at Pocket Rockets AA.:star::star:

He shoves all in Woo Hoo. He as 2 4 offsuit I and of course he beats me with two pair. :banghead:

Unfortunate is all

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I guess we have to avoid them, because they will push any2 cards.

My call will occur with strong hands only. And I will shove something like AJs+.

meagain00

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, yesterday I had the "luck" on the micro tables meet the aggressive fish. The increase in pre-flop with hands like Q4o, K3o and other cost me a lot of blind ... I can ask to play against such a fish that has luck on his hand and is able to go all-in with two pair?

I also think that if you’re good at post-flop play, watch a cheap flop with more well-combined cards. If you are not too confident in your post-flop game then you are tight aggressively. He will pay you when you are really good!

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
expanding the range of hands we would normally play, so you widen your chances of hooking it with garbage hands

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not easy because even if you wait and wait for very good cards... they almost always catch what they need.... its just weird

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
enter with good cards and take the game to him, if you want to hunt a born fisherman you have to enter his game from time to time, and with a strong hand

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
as on a fishing trip, the main thing here is endurance, wait for a good bite and catch it in time)))))

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for great cards and limp in, they will raise and then you hopefully have the better hand, even better to not get sucked out.

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It‘s hard to play against these kind of players but probably it is good to play your good cards also aggressive and try to get as much chips as possible. Try to see many cheap flops when your cards aren‘t so bad.

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are my favorite tables to play on. The wilder the better. Better than the three better preflop who check folds the flop.