how can online players make a living from rake?

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not that impressive haha, i was 2 tabling zoom and 6-8 tabling regular games (2 tables 200nl 6-8 tables 100nl, all full ring tables so 6m would be more hands per hour), probably only getting 600-650 hands per hour, lots of grinders get over 1k hands per hour, plus zoom gives less fpp's than regular so i'd probably of got the same amount of fpp's just 12 tabling regular tables for 500-600 hands per hour, but im just saying if i can multi table and get that amount of fpps and i suck at multi tabling, it's not hard to see how someone good at multi tabling can make a lot more in rakeback.

4 tables of zoom is like 800-900 hands per hour i think but i dont know how the fpp's per hour differs tbh.

I think youre mixed up with SNE and SN, hardly anyone gets SNE and pretty much noone will get it in 1 month, and noone will get it at all if they only play 2 zoom tables :)

I've heard of people getting SNE (which is worth like 120k if you breakeven at the tables) by playing 4 tables of 500nl zoom and 4 tables of 200nl zoom for like 6 hours a day i think.

SN on the otherhand is pretty easy its 100k vpp's, so people usually get that at 25-100nl depending on how many hours they put in/tables etc.

edit: for reference, you can get 500 hands per hour 6 tabling 6m tables, so 6 tabling 100nl 6m would probably get you very close to the vpp/hour i got last night

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i mean generally what limits does someone have to play in order to get supernove elite in 1 month.? can u get it if you double table zoom at 100NL?

LOL, nobody. Maybe Superman when he was young and in shape. :)

You're apparently confusing SN with SNE as Acky said. You won't get SNE 2-tabling anything. Well, maybe $2K NL? Certainly wouldn't happen in a month though. As I recall the record for SNE is by end-of-February and that's from like grinding $2K and $5K SNGs 24 at a time all day every day. George Lind used to be a machine at doing this.

As was said, SNE is for high-stakes or extremely high volume grinders, who are typically 16-24 tabling or more.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
okay, i have heard that grinders, if they are break even, are able to make a living from the rake they achieve through all their hours of play. on Pokerstars, you receive the rake in terms of fpp's, no? so how is this used to pay bills etc, unless you have enough to buy the porsche and then sell it haha. i am very confused on this topic.
If the player is breakeven or very slightly -ev overall, and is playing very high volume, then rakeback will give him a profit.

R

ROOKMAN

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard that many sites are moving away from a straight rakeback and more toward loyalty or VIP points. Anyone else heard or noticed this?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not that impressive haha, i was 2 tabling zoom and 6-8 tabling regular games (2 tables 200nl 6-8 tables 100nl, all full ring tables so 6m would be more hands per hour), probably only getting 600-650 hands per hour, lots of grinders get over 1k hands per hour, plus zoom gives less fpp's than regular so i'd probably of got the same amount of fpp's just 12 tabling regular tables for 500-600 hands per hour, but im just saying if i can multi table and get that amount of fpps and i suck at multi tabling, it's not hard to see how someone good at multi tabling can make a lot more in rakeback.

4 tables of zoom is like 800-900 hands per hour i think but i dont know how the fpp's per hour differs tbh.

I think youre mixed up with SNE and SN, hardly anyone gets SNE and pretty much noone will get it in 1 month, and noone will get it at all if they only play 2 zoom tables :)

I've heard of people getting SNE (which is worth like 120k if you breakeven at the tables) by playing 4 tables of 500nl zoom and 4 tables of 200nl zoom for like 6 hours a day i think.

SN on the otherhand is pretty easy its 100k vpp's, so people usually get that at 25-100nl depending on how many hours they put in/tables etc.

edit: for reference, you can get 500 hands per hour 6 tabling 6m tables, so 6 tabling 100nl 6m would probably get you very close to the vpp/hour i got last night
GOTCHA;)
thanks alot for the breakdown. It was very good infomation . and as far as the SNE andSN mixup, that was totally a typo. OBVIOUSLY, im talking about supernova and not supernove ELITE(lol).
I never realised how easy supernova can be to get. Its just that i have never been rolled to play those limits, YET.
im going to keep this stuff in mind for when im ready to start grinding seriously. meaning when i am rolled for it .
thnks man.priceless stuff.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, nobody. Maybe Superman when he was young and in shape. :)

You're apparently confusing SN with SNE as Acky said. You won't get SNE 2-tabling anything. Well, maybe $2K NL? Certainly wouldn't happen in a month though. As I recall the record for SNE is by end-of-February and that's from like grinding $2K and $5K SNGs 24 at a time all day every day. George Lind used to be a machine at doing this.

As was said, SNE is for high-stakes or extremely high volume grinders, who are typically 16-24 tabling or more.
OMG yea man ,TYPO there ,was talking about SN not SNE. lol
imagine being able to reach sne from 2 tabling. hehehe.everyone would have it. thnks for correcting that along with acky,i was tired when asking that.:p

RegHC23

RegHC23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen all of the posts and I do not know much about pokerstars promotional programs. I know that I play on Lock Poker and it give you the option to be able select a rakeback program or the VIP Points program. With the rakeback program you get 36% rakeback. You still get VIP points but they are given at half the rate since you are getting rakeback. I do not play a ton like some other people, but I was a break even and I had made 22 dollars. If i was to put in much more volume i know that i could get that number to 100 dollars a amonth just multi tabling 10nl. I know it seems unrealistinc but it has worked for me and my roll has built up from 90 to 740 dollars in a 6 month span playing maybe 10 hours a week. Take a look at some other sites and see what rakeback promotions they offer. I am in no means the answer to your question, but maybe my insight can help you out.