How often do you double triple barrel bluff?

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to put a bluff is something complicated that is very difficult to master it is a matter of time and opportune moments read your opponent see how he plays and forget about it almost all players are willing to pay with a medium high pair the thing is that you make believe that you have the best hand and I can tell you that the triple bluff always works unless the other player has an average hand

B

bocheech21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes thats the only way to get someone thats really stubborn to lay there hand down. i have got some huge pots and had some huge stacks from running big ass bluffs on all streets againts the best players at the table. you can tell when they actually have a hand cause they bet confidently. when they just dont want to let it go they will think for a while and then over bet or call your raise. so you can just raise it up each street and then just put them all in with no hesitation and they will fold. unless you got the wrong read. and its so satisfying to get them to lay down the best hand

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't ever bluff without some type of out. I will "bet" at a board that I have strong draws to my hand. A flush or straight draw. There should never be bluffing at air unless you're on a read about your opponent.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Stone cold bluff probably never. It can lose a lot maybe... Only with monsters

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really seems too risky, one of hundred times

mc grindah

mc grindah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the player and the board, I never really do but if I think itll work I sometimes go for it.

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmmm... not as often as I should be, likely. continuation bets don't work anymore, on the flop. The NEW continuation bet means betting the flop AND the turn... which sometimes turns into that triple barrel range. if you fire twice and get called, you always have to wonder if you are repping the hand you are facing, in which case, you will fail.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, I very rarely double/triple barrel bluff. I first want to give the assumption that I am a very strict and tight player. Once they players start to see how you play, then you can incorporate a bluff or two.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No risk no reward. It all depends on who you're playing and what you are playing. In tournaments I throw bluffs in more than I normally would in cash. If you're at a super tight table it's easier to throw out those triple barrell bluffs as opposed to the super aggressive tables where you're getting called all the way down by someone with ANY pair

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
barreling

These are my opinion on double or triple barreling. First off its is difficult to barrel in micro stake because people are more likely to call any bets for a drawing hand. Secondly, I usually don't barrel unless I see that there are two of the same suits on the flop and if someone calls then they may have a pair on the board or is chasing a flush draw and same can be said for a straight draw as well. I would only triple barrel if I see that they maybe chasing a flush and what not. If I raised preflop and a ace or king come on the flop I would barrel on the flop trying to represent that pair. It also depends on how your opponent is playing as well. Is he/she playing tight or more loose, if they are loose then keep barreling and hopefully they missed their drawing hand. If they play tight then most likely they don't have anything and will fold to your c-bet otherwise they have some kind of hand to be calling your bluff bets

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely triple barrel, sometimes will double barrel. As noted, very dependent on the players at your table. I feel like most players I run into are far more inclined to double and triple barrel with nothing than I am. I especially notice this at the live games I play...often I see guys double barrel allin with a hand like AQ with no pair.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I try it is when I have a decent stack and I am up against another fair sized stack. It can be really effective , but Its important to watch stack sizes.

D

dferrari86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually only when I have outs and I think my opponent is only on a pair with no draw

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when to stop bluffing....

so between a double barrel bluff and a triple barrel I would say that surely depends on your position at the table. if you are in front IE. early to play I wouldn't shoot a third shot unless you think they were chasing something like a flush draw or an open ended str8. best way fire the second barrel is through a slow check raise I find. In the back of play its 3 bets all the way. if you are going to go.. go big :)

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's not for me, except I have a high or the highest stack at the table and we are near to the ITM. That scares everybody, even me I think.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally don’t triple barrel. If he calls on the turn. More than likely will call on the river. I will double barrel my overcards on dry boards And give up on the river if I don’t hit. I usually bluff on the river after floating on the flop and or turn. Then if I miss I will bet it out. I think it just has to work little over half the time but I not sure of the math. If you don’t try you lose those hand 100% anyway.