and when the pot is large, but my opponent is the scared type

so maybe 1 outta 6 hands i play

deadhxc

deadhxc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly depends on the game I am playing , how deep in a tourney or who my opponents are. That said I bluff probably 1/4 of the time :)

M

MENGAOPORRA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try to bluff just when i am in position ! cut off, dealer, SB or BB ... its safer !

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't bluff. Bu, I will be that my nothing is better than your nothing a good bit of the time.

amagic

amagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not important how often use bluff.
I use bloff if i had items for the player!!!! Pokertracker, pokeroffice i wrote in the note, i watched his play etc.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
0%, i Never bluff, just ask Alovera, she`ll tell ya,,lol;) :p buck:cool: :D :)

Gorblid

Gorblid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to bluff a lot when i started playing, sometimes worked really good.
but today as my game improved i bluff a lot less, I bluff when i really has good feeling about making the other player to fold.

gotalljax

gotalljax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very Rare - And only on heads up. And when I have a substantial chip lead and only an amount I can walk away from and...

Basically, if my opponent is a BIG push-over, I push.

As I said - Rare.

R

RA2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always depends on the situation and the other player!
A rate of 10% should be ok!
;)

GDRileyx

GDRileyx

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff when the situational factors suggest an opportunity where a bluff is likely to succeed frequently enough to make it a good value.

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think how often I bluff depends on how many players per table. When i play against 10 to 8 players I would probably bluff only 1 time in 10 hands but when i play against 7-4 players i would probably bluff around 2-3 times per 10 hands and if i play against 3-1 players I would probably bluff 5 times per 10 hands. Also I like to use bluffing to trap my opponents so sometimes i just join a table and bluff my first 5 hands and show them my hand to trick my opponents to believe i am a loose player and a notorious bluffer and then that is when i trap with monster hands.

O

Old Man945

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm bluffing when I sit down at a table - weak; tight; loose; scared; aggressive; whatever it takes to put $ in my pocket. I have folded [A's o] and bet Pot size with [2 7 o]. It depends on the table and the players ..............-It is not bluffing if you have the nut! The only way is to pay to see.
I just started playing tournaments and at about 40 - 45% placing 1st. Maybe I will change as time goes on.
'If they are worth playing; they are worth betting.'

X

xyonart

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i thick nobody bluffs, if they bluff is when are mad

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never bluff.

I don't bluff from the blinds when 227 appears on he flop.
I don't bluff from the cutoff or button when a face card appears.
I don't bluff for metagame reasons.
My bluffs are always cat induced missclicks....:rolleyes:

Did I mention most poker plyers are good lyers....?
Well I'm not - :D.​

Im the same way but for some reason they call me a sitting duck do you get that to ? lol...

read my signature :)

I

IR0NLUNGZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No Idea

NO idea, i rearly bluff, but i enjoy catchin players on a bluff,hahahahah:D

XxJackAcexX

XxJackAcexX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:) Bluffing as i understand it_____ Its seem to be to be like an art form...
There is a time and a place to pull off the right bluff.
These are my simple guidelines to pullin off "The tactical Bluff"
[Feel free to object opinions about my tactics]
1. Table establishment is important.... Make sure your being watched! Show a dominant hand or 2, Let them know your playing tight
2. If you have any feeling that the bluff is not right....Don't do it! it will cost you 85% of the time.
3. Bluff with as little amount of players as possible in the pot. the less cards that are live makes the bluff have a better chance to induce the fold from your opponent.
4. The proper read on your apponent is always key , you have to open up that weakness in a players hand , If your opponent Doesn't picture you haveing the better cards..The bluff won't work.
Those are my 4 rules that i follow to pull of the "Tactical bluff"

In Answer to your question " How often do you bluff?" I cannot Really say. The way i bluff , when i bluff.. is definetly noted by all the other players and i cannot do it as often as i would like. Sometimes during a hand it just Clicks...[Time for that Bluff]
Good luck at the tables Everyone!

I Probly should have told you all this information lol ...But i'm sure you'll figure it all out on the tables!

mets40

mets40

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to establish a reputation of being a tight player, which make take a few nights work. It enables me to then be more effective with bluffing.

RyanGatewood

RyanGatewood

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you should bluff 60% of the time that way they will think you are a liar and when you do hit it really takes them for a loop!!! good luck

M

marysgirl883

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont bluff,since I am not good at it. I can tell sometime when others are bluffing. I know that is part of the game...but I love the game. I love to play and not gamble. Bluffing to me is pure gambling.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hardly ever bluff anytime I try it seems I get called so I usally dont but when I have it is usually after the flop hoping no one hits.

J

JuxJosh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
tooooo much

unfortunately I bluff far too much, get too far into the bet, then get stubborn and go all in just to lose everything.

I know this is a terribly n00b thing to do, but I am a rookie who just started out after all. =D

good luck at the tables, bluffing or not.

liv3player

liv3player

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

Poker is renowned for bluffing - but how often do you bluff in reality?

I'm not really talking about semi-bluffs, where you have some type of hand but are trying to give the impression it's stronger than it is through a big bet.

I'm more thinking of betting big when you have nothing.

How often do you make this kind of pure bluff play? And in what kind of situations?
I'm not exactly sure how to answer this question.I consider it a bluff when Im caught and only then.I bet with nothing sometimes but if I win is it really a bluff? To me a bluff is only a bluff when your called.So i would have to say very rarely do I bluff,hope this makes sense.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's definately a tool you don't want to over use, otherwise you'll find opp's will look you up more.
i only bluff very sparingly when the table and timing is right.
since lately it seems everyone wants to call and if that pot looks too attractive you'll get called on almost any bet believe me!!
i know why you excluded semi-bluffs, because everyone recognizes them and will generally get out of the way if the board isn't textured thier way.
good luck on your bluffing, it's not always that easy. :) :) :) :)