How many tables do you guys play at once?

BLACKSTACK

BLACKSTACK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
max ill play is 4,and only in limit games, and i do agree that playing one table is more enjoyable

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to try and do 8 tables when i had 2 screens but it's just too much to keep up with sometimes when you're sizing up bets. 4 is a good number for me. as another player said 4 is about the max for keeping up on what's happening at each table and not just rushing from one to another. I like being able to muck cards and have more ready at another table, also you don't have to risk as much at one table you can play lower limits and still be profitable

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 tables of 6 max rush poker. I can't handle non rush/zoom games anymore. Rush has ruined me.

N

noreraise

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2-6 tables. All depend on who my opponents are and how much I need to focus to beat them, and whether I still can manage to read HH. Hope this helps!

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tables were amazing last night so it was always from 10+, 20 at the pinnacle.

2 colour deck, stacking ftw!

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in Late position got it.

I win just as much off of bad hands as i do good hands by playing the person. Of course some times it does not work and i look like a fool but some times it does work and i feel smart.

I just play to aggressively to do multiple tables but maybe it would help me be more patient.

define bad hand? JTo is a bad hand to defend with, but its a good hand to raise from LP.

us mass multitablers play the person too. we just do it by using statistical analysis with our HUDS, which tbh is probably a ton more effective than your 'gut feelings'

tables were amazing last night so it was always from 10+, 20 at the pinnacle.

2 colour deck, stacking ftw!

20 tabling with a 2 colour deck.... ew :\

P

PoopFlinger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually play 8-10 tables. mostly for rakeback and to clear bonuses. i agree it can put you in a robotic mind, but i've been doing it for a couple years now, and it feels like im playing only 4. like everything else, it takes practice.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Use to play more but usually only 2 to 3 now.

L

LDS85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm quite comfortable at 6 now. I find it only takes me a week of playing them to adjust to the pace. Maybe i could add more. But I have a 17inch laptop screen and 6 is all i can fit on if i tile the hands (which i prefer) :(

CheckraiseLife

CheckraiseLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 to 16 tables depending on how confident I feel at the limit i'm playing that day or if the games are good, and if you bankroll can handle swings i follow an 80buyin rule, so i dont get worried if i loose a session.
if i'm challenging the limits i stick to 8 so i can feel more confident and watch alittle more closley,
and to be honest this is one of the main reasons i like fullring poker, its much easier to multi table compared to 6 max
more tables more rakeback/points + you learn quicker when you can review several spots you had difficulty with, i think 4-6 is good for a beginners and 8 - 16 when you get used to 6 anything over 16 my mind turns auto pilot on

buzzmania

buzzmania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess it depends on what type of game im playing,cash ,freerolls etc. nlhe or razz etc.cash i will start with 4 and usually narrow down to the 2 that seem to be running gd for me. frs i will play 4 ..but in reality i seem to do best with only 2 tables at a time.multitasking isnt my best trait,lol

Seraphim

Seraphim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^This I have no idea why you would do this but w/e I would misread so many hands.

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
define bad hand? JTo is a bad hand to defend with, but its a good hand to raise from LP.

us mass multitablers play the person too. we just do it by using statistical analysis with our HUDS, which tbh is probably a ton more effective than your 'gut feelings'

I consider it a bad hand if I am pretty sure they have me beat and i am trying to make them fold.

Its true I probably let my brain do to much of the work and should look into using software more.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 6max, usually 6 tables. 4 if I'm trying out new things/not playing well, 8 if I'm playing well and want to up the volume. I've played up to 16 in the past for extended periods.

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider it a bad hand if I am pretty sure they have me beat and i am trying to make them fold.

Its true I probably let my brain do to much of the work and should look into using software more.

if you only ever playing when you have the best hand, then youre never going to get anywhere in poker.

again, youre missing the point. we dont just look at some number on our HUD and the software does the work for us. our HUD is a guide, no an 'answer' to questions such as 'should i shove here or not?'

not to mention were still taking notes on everyone, flat out, across 10-20 tables while playing.

T

ThatsNasssty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 4-8 nlhe or PLO 6 max

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play one.. I dont use a HUD display and like to practice keeping track of people at my table for the brick and mortar.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing multiple tables

I don't see how anyone can play and be alert with more than 2 tables. If you play more than two u can't concentrate on the players too well. Good luck to all playing more than 2 tables.:)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see how anyone can play and be alert with more than 2 tables. If you play more than two u can't concentrate on the players too well. Good luck to all playing more than 2 tables.:)
Sure you can. It just takes practice and the right aptitude, as someone else mentioned. Not everyone is wired for it, but there are people who can play 24 probably better than you can play 2.

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on 4 tables of texas holdem or play on 2 tables of pot limit omaha. I can play more texas holdem tables but I dont because I like to have time to think about my moves.

frozensprx

frozensprx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me I only play 3 or 4, but i am still trying to adjust to multi-tabling because it is much harder for me to make good decisions when two different clocks are counting down at the same time, obviously i will get better with time at making quick decisions.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12-24 stacked fr tables. I only recently started opening 24 but I've had a good 80k breakeven hands since doing so, so I'm moving back to 16.

Stacking helps a lot when mass tabling but I think it's a little detrimental to your play. Now and again you will lose track of the action, it's difficult to use your timebank, now and again you'll accidentally fold aces preflop, and making notes is difficult when you need to pull a table aside to view results.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stacking helps a lot when mass tabling but I think it's a little detrimental to your play. Now and again you will lose track of the action, it's difficult to use your timebank, now and again you'll accidentally fold aces preflop, and making notes is difficult when you need to pull a table aside to view results.
Stacking never worked for me, for those reasons and more. I have 3 1920x1200 monitors and can tile 9 per, for a max of 27 if I really wanted to punish myself, lol. Tiling for me is just way better than stacking.

The most I've ever played is 16 and when I initially tiled across all 3 monitors, the huge distance between the monitors caused me a neck ache from the large and constant head movement required, and I also often missed action that was occurring outside my peripheral vision when focused on one table. So I scaled down the tables to 9 per monitor which allows me to comfortably tile across 2 monitors, leaving the 3rd monitor for the poker lobby, tracker, browsers, music player, etc.

Tiling allows me to have a more peripheral awareness of multiple tables at a time -- even though I'm not consciously focusing on multiple tables at the same instant, I am still pseudo-aware of what's happening on multiple tables when they fit within my peripheral vision. Stacking hides everything but the focused table, which I was just never comfortable with. I know some players compromise and tile+stack, but since I have enough monitor real estate to tile all the tables I expect I'd ever play, I don't need that compromise either.