How long is too long.

S

Stealth_Nite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to use auto bet or auto check or raise because I like to see everyones reaction in front of me before deciding.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the auto prompt all the time. Especially when i'm on multiple tables. Just like the time delay, it means nothing. Your sitting there with an un playable hand, what do you care if everyone knows it. If it's marginal and your in good position then lay off the button. As far as the delay, take your time of course, it's your dime. But there are people that take a full minute every time they bet. I will sometimes insert a pregnant pause before a call or a raise. For me that's about 10 seconds. Maybe once per tournament I'll have a real decision to make and will use all my allotted time.

jeterkid925

jeterkid925

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RammerJammer said:
I've played online long enough to know that the speed with which someone makes a decision is pretty useless as any sort of tell. I pay zero attention to it, unless I'm at the final table in a tournament because I figure the game has everyone's undivided attention at that point. Here's my quick list of reasons why someone's taking forever to move...

1.) They're trying to figure it out.
2.) They have a slow or broken connection with the server.
3.) They're playing multiple tables and are busy on the other(s).
4.) The phone rang.
5.) Someone's at the door.
6.) Their spouse wishes to discuss something other than the gutshot draw.
7.) They became engrossed with what was on tv and forgot it was their turn.
8.) They're busy checking the latest posts at Cardschat.com.
9.) They're instant messaging a real poker player to ask what to do.

Of that brief list, only one has anything to do with the game at hand. Reaction time is a badly overrated tell.
I have been guilty of all execpt for number 9, I try to hurry up when I play, If I'm doing something, I'll have my bro fold.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate people that zzzzz. I'll ask them if they're tired and need a nap and if they do please leave.
I'm also guilty of #8 on Jammer's list.:)

T

TukUrChip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is okay to take your time and think your decision through once in a while (when you really need to replay the hand in your head to make a decision), but to take the maximum allowed time everytime like many players do is just obnoxious.