How long does it take to grind?

C

cazique

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How have you been grinding 15 tables for 4 days and only have 5000 hands

Exactly. I'm grinding 4 tables of 6-max and reach 1k hands within about 3 hours. FR I guess it probably would take at most twice as long. But still 15 tabling for 3 hours a day should give you about 2k hands at least per day.

T

tweekers7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all!

I started multi-tabling on alot of tables, around 15 table average, in 0.01/0.02 NL.

To be fairly honest, I thought grinding would be prety easy. Well its been 4 days of grinding for about 5000 hands, more or less. And I am down 10 dollars.

Now of course theres variance to take into account, but I would figure that variance isnt an issue through 5000 thousand hands. I've been going up to 50$ and down to 33$ since I started grinding, up and down always.

Now I want to know, is that a typical variance you would see in ring game multi-tabling, when playing TAG poker?

Or, on the other hand, am I doing something wrong, I don't use a hud, but I can tell you I have around 11 to 12 % calling percentage.

My hand range varies from AJ suited to AA, including pocket 10's or pocket 9's in good position.

sometimes I widen my range to A10 when I have a gut feeling or when I can figure something.

I usualy go prety nity post flop, not raising into a bluff, and raising the draws. It seems for the love of god I can't get the draws to fold, even when I go all in. Of course, I lose the most money to these people fetching flush draws, or to people flopping set's with low pocket when I am holding a pocket AA, should I maybe only go all in with the nuts? I figure that on a 1$ pot with a 1$ stack, to break the flush odds I gota go all-in.

Any hints and input into dominating this blind level would be quite appreciated.

grindin take alot of patience specially if ur use too big money pot ive lost on them too due too patience

T

tweekers7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Drop down more. Start at 3 or 4 tables, get a HUD and start reading forums and books until you are confident that you are beating the game. Then when you are making money you will have a choice, move up in tables or move up in stakes? Also 5k hands is not a lot, for micros you should really be playing at least 20k to even start thinking that it may be weeding out the variance.

poker skill should come naturally like no book is goin to let me no what they got 4 cards i just no i was born with it kinda spooky when i call players hands they wont even play me any morethe card dont have backs on them 4 me

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. I'm grinding 4 tables of 6-max and reach 1k hands within about 3 hours. FR I guess it probably would take at most twice as long. But still 15 tabling for 3 hours a day should give you about 2k hands at least per day.

I was not playing 3 hours sessions. Besides, its an estimate.

:p

C

cazique

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not playing 3 hours sessions. Besides, its an estimate.

:p
My apologies. May I suggest you to use pokertableratings.com? Since you don't use a HUD, you can review some of your biggest hands (especially the ones you lose) on the site, so you can see what you did wrong.

Also, open up your hand ranges, try to set-mine (preferably in position), as it is a lot more profitable in FR than 6-max. Suited connectors should also be played in late position too. Don't just stick to AQ,AK and premium pairs. You are not play TAG poker if you choose to play only premium hands. TAG is about opening with strong hands, relative to position.

GL at the tables.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this threas has taken a different direction but asking "How long does it take to grind?" Is like asking "How long does it take to walk?"

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this threas has taken a different direction but asking "How long does it take to grind?" Is like asking "How long does it take to walk?"

Ofc, and the answer to both is :

'bout tree fiddy.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright so, happy to say I have been taking a bit of every advice and now I am looking like this:

I am playing maximum 4 tables, usualy 3, with a VPIP of 20%.

I have noticed that I can identify the fish prety easily so I know in wich raised pot to get with wider range. I have also widen'd my general range in specific position and lowered it in other, as I would in a tournament.

Playing lesser table has helped me be more alert to the types of player at my tables and I have been leaking alot less money. I've seen my good decision making go up by a great margin and I am making more money.

I am currently also focusing on selecting tables with big pots and alot of people as they tend to hold fishes. Most of my money is coming from fishes and I tend to evade more experienced players in reraised pots, as they always seem to hold a edge in their hands.

So far results seem very good, can't wait to reach a few thousand hands to tell you where I am standing.

I currently don't use HUD, they are expensive and I don't have a HUD when I am playing a regular table!

I'll keep you guys updated.

At a regular table you have many more reads on people. Not to mention the fact that it is physically impossible to play more than one live table at once so I don't think you multi-table live.

If you are going to play more than a couple tables at a time without a HUD you better have great note taking ability, a great memory, or plan on never making it past the micro's. A good HUD will pay for itself in no time and is a must for a serious, multi-tabling cash player on the internet.

If you want to play strictly ABC, no reads, no HUD poker, then I suggest you play a super tight aggressive style at Rush 5nl or 10nl.

D

davidjames

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing so many tables might be hindering your ability to make logical decisions. Have you played poker for awhile? If not, I understand where your coming from. I suggest you play a LITTLE looser and don't sit down at many tables. GL

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At a regular table you have many more reads on people. Not to mention the fact that it is physically impossible to play more than one live table at once so I don't think you multi-table live.

If you are going to play more than a couple tables at a time without a HUD you better have great note taking ability, a great memory, or plan on never making it past the micro's. A good HUD will pay for itself in no time and is a must for a serious, multi-tabling cash player on the internet.

If you want to play strictly ABC, no reads, no HUD poker, then I suggest you play a super tight aggressive style at Rush 5nl or 10nl.

Sorry but this is baloney, most high stakes players do not use a HUD for instance.

Probably best since you are new to NOT use one AS LONG as you play max 4 tables. Just focus on villains, take notes.

Numbuh 0ne

Numbuh 0ne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ Most high stakes players don't use hud because they play the same guys all the time, and they're excellent players. Not saying a HUD is required but for intermediate players it can be extremely useful, just ask jungleman. I agree though that as a new player you should hold off on the hud and try to learn the game.