How i see poker prt 1

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tag v Lag

This is my current thinking on poker.So cherry pick what helps and disreagard the drivel i still have to think through in more detail. A lot of what i do is against all common advice but i seem to win the way i play so i am fleshing it out and going through it to find out is it luck or do i have something....

The way i play depends a lot on knowing your stack, your opponent and ability to lay down cards. I have not found an mtt strategy that works for me yet for freezeout tournaments, but i have a pretty good record in unlimited rebuy events. Sng turbos i also have a very good record along with sattelites. I am a fish at cash so i dont play it unless for fun. I am also a mean roshambo player u have been warned.

I dont class myself as a lag player it doesnt seem to fit me somehow. I am someone who will change gears a hell of a lot depending on how a game is running. I can be maniacle i can be tight as a ducks preverbial.
To play in a manner like this u have to do one thing above all others.

Watch the game. U need all the info u can get on your opponents. I dont use notes sharkscope tournydb poker tracker or anything else, they dont work for me at all. Some players find pt a great help but i dont i prefer to know wht i see at any current table and not wht has gone before.

If you watch your table from the start in any kind of tournamet with a little experiance u will begin to see patterns emerging who wants to dominate who wants to cash only who is going for the win who is a nut or who is a solid v good player. This info is crucial to knowing what your strategy is going to be for the aters stages where money is won and lost.

For the later stages i want to know how far i will take my game into the lag sector. I am always lag at the money part of tournaments and i never tighten to make the cash this is not the way to make money online. An example i played a 45 man donk and go recently and i played tight picking off idiots for first tble and got 3rd in chips. i won a pot off the chip leader and i found myself with 1/4 of the chips in play with 18 left blinds 100/200.

What to do here. Tag says we tighten up pick our spots and wait for th ft and see whats up when we get there. I Didnt and dont think i ever will. I raised every time it was folded to me without exception utg whatever i always raised.

IMO this seems to put players in a defensive mode. They reraise u now and then but mainly they fold and curse the big bully and just try to survive to the ft.This is heaven for the bully. Lots of small pots to be won if your raised u fold unless u happen to have caught a hand when played back at. From when the 18 started to the ft i won and lost half the chips in play and created a donk image crucial for my later play on the ft.

Upon the ft the players who were with me b4 are all clamouring to play pots with me calling down always as i showed nuttyness whilst the other tble is wtf they r nutzz all tightening up for easy monies. I won one pot tht changed the tourny. chip leader and myself played an all in pot me with top 2 pr him with 2nd pr bad kikcker. Would he make this play if i havent shown i bluff and play ne thing, i dont think so. I had half the chips in play and raised every hand till i was hds up with 90% of chips easiest hds up ever.

If your table shows itself to be tight thn u have to tighten up and pick off the maniac but usually u can beat pple into submission

The above example shows what u can do at lower limits. most of my tournies go this way when i win a least. my roi is shown below. i always use this stategy so it is not a fluke this is over a 700 game smaple so it isnt too small to be insignificant. It also shows my gradual move up as i learned more from cc so look it does work lol

i will do more but i tired so tht it

most pple wont find much use in this but i hope some do as it rehashes a lot of wht is already said but hey

Attachments

• stats.png
    stats.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 49
Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helped me, thanks
cheers