How does everyone get the most out of AA

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when I was starting out in poker I tended to go all in pre more with AA. Now it depends on whether I am looking to shove or not. If I am not looking to shove then usually I will not go all in pre with AA. I like to do a variety of techniques with AA. That way the other players are less likely to know that i have a high starting hand. For example sometimes I will slow play AA. This is good unless someone looks like they have a set or a flush or whatever. Other times I go for value and raise along to see if I can get some calls. Generally if I am at the very beginning of a tourny with a small buy in then I may try to double up pre. Otherwise I am looking for value.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to try to make sure that all players do not fold. If there is a player at the table who often calls, then raise more.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when u catch aa pocket or with the board how does everyone get the most out of it in a cash game ?? Just curious

rise pre Flop, then if you get a strong set at flot, let them bet, then all in .. if the flop has kk or jj or QQ, be carefull very carefull. if someone sends all in you had to fold your AA..

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on table positions opponents etc I almost always raise but if your playing aggressive opponents who love to squeeze then a flat can have merit but mostly raising and building the pot. It's frustrating when you get no action I hate getting walked with AA in the big blind but it happens

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just hope everyone doesn't fold to my opening raise lol

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try to fast play as much as possible. Especially in smaller stakes, most value is created by value betting and not playing sneaky/deceptive. Especially on more passive tables, you need to make sure not to get a family flop and then chasing two pair other weird hands when money goes in on flop/Turn

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold AA its just wrong so making a minimum raise is in order having someone betting into to your AA is key/ It makes for much larger pots then just to go all-in.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you put your opponent on, how light he can call, and your own image. I might check deceptively so he can call me lighter or to induce a bet. Or I might bet all the way because he might put me on a c-bet bluff all the way. Depends on the board texture too on whether you'll get paid off or not

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the table for me. If I know the table is loose and I'm in early position I'll flat with Aces. Wait for a raise and a call and then reraise. I feel like people hate to fold in live games before the flop. I'm interested in hearing what other people do.

Problem is balance. It works 1-2 times, then everyone will know you do this with only AA and then what? You get set mined, that is what.

There was a guy a while back who spent a lot of effort balancing this strategy. He was unpleasant to play against, but his EP winrate was below normal nevertheless.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to isolate down to one player to the flop, never slow play.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometime I'm playing AA as if I have just some other hand, just 2BB raise and checking the flop. Then I'm trying to play passive and re-raise if one of the opponent trying to bet

Lutring87

Lutring87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the flop shows a third ace after 3 all in preflop. ;)

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I analyze the dynamics of the table and the set up of that hand. Even if the cards are the same, the situations can be totally different.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the preflop like any other hand. On the postflop just playing like I got only the 1 pare but highest 1 pare)

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have with AA the situation very interesting! Usually, if I pass AA and I raise from any position, then all players fold, as if they know that I have Pocket Rockets, so I have no idea how to play them more profitably!

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your opponents.

If you're up against calling stations, bet big all the way. If you're up against tight players, be deceptive and maybe check one street to disguise your hand so you can get extra street of value.

Again... depends on your opponents.

And don't fall in love with an overpair. If you play alot of volume, you'll figure out that many times one pair won't hold up in a showdown.

Also keep in mind of the notion of balancing one's range. Don't play it the same way all the time. Doug Polk constantly brings up this in his videos, which he got from someone else. If you mix bets and checks and raises with your value hands, that makes you very unpredictable since your opponent knows you can have the good there since you've taken that line before with a great hand.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to do a small raise preflop and do big raises just after an opponent raise. If you are playing a Freeroll you can try an All-in preflop, normally someone will pay.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Topically try this hand aggressively and as quickly as possible!

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

I get the most out of my AA by not over playing them. It does however make o difference if I am playing for money or not. I win more if I just let the hand play out and see where its going, try not to let my opponent river me is best. In a free roll, it is a AA and Im all in :)

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read, you have 0,45% to have AA all the 222 all hand, or KK or QQ, a correct raise is impotant, not raise too much low (lot of player's comes) or not raise to big on the flpo (for to win the pot to much fast). The place to the table is very important too.
Analyse the board, warning to the straigth or flush.
And engoy your hand, good lucky

Last edited:
thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AA

Good evening everyone.
I play poker on several sites and only on pokerstars, this hand is usually causing me problems, only on pokerstars AA flops and loses to J5o, villain flush with a card.
Site that I usually double my stack more often and Bet365, the problem is that the fild has few players, AA hardly loses, I extract the maximum with AA on Bet365.
At partypoker sometimes happens to break my AA but it's a low frequency.
At 888poker I usually extract a lot of chips with AA, I believe it is the site that has the easiest fild, but the site is not good to withdraw with cases that take 8 days.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your opponents. Sometimes you will get max and sometimes you won't but don't slow play your AA's.

SSorin18

SSorin18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do at least a 3x raise in the beginning to squeeze out the number of players

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't SLOW PLAY & Don't PUSH

I think with AA you need to raise either 3x pre-flop to push the jokers out and hopefully bring it to heads-up. Once its just 1:1 then push all-in.

If you slow play and limp in to the blinds then your risk someone getting lucky and catching a hand with a random board.

If you push all in too fast then you won't get any callers and then depending on the blinds you may not get very much off it.