How do you re-act when A's land on the flop, when you are holding KK?

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
re

that's typical, is what I normally think. I don't mind so much if I was trapping and I'm not much instead leading to the flop, ill just dump them

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call a bet or place one a pray for a K on the turn!

G

graplet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figure someone is always holding an A, depends on stack size and tourney position, but its usually an easy fold unless I am up big, or down big.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is usually a strong game and leads you to neither reciocinar much. But what would you do if you were on the flop of an Ás, would you keep increasing in a strategy? you have the pairs with strong cards but your opponent counts to bet to see, until he gives an All in.
What do you do now ?

Hi I will try and help you with your English and translate what I think you mean. Okay. You are playing in a very hard table, and you don't know your opponents very well, not much information on any of them. You are seated with KK pre-flop you have bet-out and received one caller? The flop lands showing either 1 or more Aces. How to you proceed, do you continue with your normal strategy, that you would have for KK or do you change your action/ bet amount? If you continue, and say bet 1/2 pot, and he raises all-in what do you do?

I hope this helps. I do apologise if it is not what you mean't.

I am betting my KK with an A on the flop.

It is in my range. And my opponent just called preflop? So if I check now he might claim the A and bet me off the hand.

I have raised w KK in a cash game and then bet the A on the flop and my opponent thinks and then folds and shows just the A. So he is thinking I have a better kicker.

Good luck !

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally. Hit the brakes. :driver:

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you mean to "generally" give up the hand? As in folding to any bet?
Good luck !
Not to just give up but be ready to let it go if need be. Don’t die on that hill.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its one thing to front an ace by betting out, or betting after a check, but shoving with an ace on the board is different, you would be lucky to be looking at him holding AK, he probably has trips and is putting YOU on the ace, and therefore wants to get paid.

def. fold!!!!

Malnitruth

Malnitruth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate these... It's so hard folding Cowboys sometimes 8)

J

JeremyDCowan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time this happens I just sigh...lol...and curse under my breath when we hit showdown and they show a7 OFF AFTER MINIMUM 5x blind pre flop.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time this happens I just sigh...lol...and curse under my breath when we hit showdown and they show a7 OFF AFTER MINIMUM 5x blind pre flop.

Heh heh heh....save me a seat at your table !

That guy is going to pay for my next BMW.

Good luck !

fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if I have understand you correctly !
Folding KK hand is a decision that I will never make !
Even if there was an A in the pre flop !
But if you talking online, Anything can happen, not saying rigged but the possibilities online are really really wild !!
Better luck next time !

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read the range, what did you do preflop? How do they react to checks and raises preflop? Are lots of Ax in there range? Are the LAG/TAG?

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you overplayed kk preflop its hard to fold but if you played them correctly its an easy fold.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK with an A on the flop? I would probably bet more than half the pot (maybe 3/4) to get a better idea on what my opponent has..if he still goes all-in, it's probably best to fold. There's a few circumstances where I would stay in, such as a known history of your opponent being overly aggressive or he's short stacked.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the Ace comes, you need to be careful, happens a lot. This is the part where you really need to "read" opponents bets. If at some point you get shoved by someone, even a noob with A7 might win.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a debatable matter. most often when A appears and I try to fold. Sometimes, however, there are cases when I get angry that I will venture and check. there is no rule here. Determined by the sense and observation of the opponent

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c ber 1time if get call , chek end if player reise on turn i fold..call only if i know somthing about player that is good so i can call ...but chek fold is best option

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bet again that I have an ace in my hand. After that I no longer beting