How Do You Randomize Your Bet Sizing?

Kurtimus

Kurtimus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always wondered why some people have such strange bet sizing. Perhaps it is random.

I think the key is to bet the right amount to get value from their range. You also want to optimize your fold equity in some situations. Bet sizing is an area we can all probably still improve at.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best bet is that the moment requires, as each situation of the game will present different alternatives. You can not keep the same bet always.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think you should be randomizing your bet sizing, either bet opportunistically or "standard". Fish dont tend to notice if you are betting 40% pot or 60% pot, and if its a reg and the standard flop size bet in the game is 50% just bet 50%. Or even better yet if you have enough reads on the reg -exploit him with your bet sizing- lets say the villan folds way to much to cbet, then cbet smaller- then the villan will either have to adjust or continue to get exploited.

C

clayvision

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, dont randomize your bet sizing unless you have a good reason, against good players you want to keep a uniform sizing most of the time otherwise you can and will give off sizing tells

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Harrington (if I remember) was talking about having a hand in a particular position and was saying there are certain ways to play that. That you shouldn't always play it the same way. You should be unpredictable. Maybe you call 40% and raise 60% of the time and you can look at your watch for that. But yes, other factors have to enter in to that equation whether to call or raise that you should take into account, so I do agree. In practice I'm not sure how useful that is.